Each new moon symbolizes new beginnings, manifestation of our dreams into reality, change and transformation. As it occurs in a different sign each month, the new moon represents opportunities for growth in these areas of our lives.
WHY NEW MOON WISHING WORKS:
It’s no surprise that a MAJOR theme of Astrology is (of course) timing! As we learn to flow with Astrological ‘rhythms’ we realize that the each new moon is the best astrological time to PLANT SEEDS for the future.
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe and through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you to make your wish come true.
When you make a wish on the new moon, the energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making – it gives your wish more power to manifest!
The new moon will occur at 9:58am, eastern standard time on Sunday, February 26th. Be sure to double check for the timing of the new moon in your location!
WHAT TO WISH FOR WHEN THE NEW MOON IS IN PISCES:
- Inner peace and spiritual healing
- Releasing feelings of helplessness
- Accessing ones visions for inner happiness
- Imagination and creativity
- Connecting with others through artistic expression
- Heightened sense of awareness and perceptibility
- A greater feeling of connection with all living things
- Intuition or psychic sensitivity
- Compassion and the ability to forgive
- Letting go of escapism and being more present in the here and now
- Connecting with nature
- Kindness, empathy and gentleness
- Trusting in a higher power
- Being guided by a higher power in specific matters
- Connecting with the awareness of past cultures and civilizations
- Increased solitude in order to bring clarity
- Building a meditation practice or other contemplative practices
- Forgiveness from the divine, a release from guilt
- Greater tolerance and acceptance
- Letting go of rigid thinking, of judgement and of ‘absolute truths’
- Being more tolerant of oneself
- Letting go of addiction
- Getting clear on personal ideals
Note that new moon in Pisces occurs just days before this year’s Venus retrograde cycle, which will bring challenges in the area of relationships as well as self esteem over the coming 8-12 weeks. Keeping that timing in mind, this new moon is an especially good time to wish for compassion, forgiveness, kindness, patience, inner healing and love for oneself.
TIPS FOR MAKING WISHES:
- The best time to make your new moon wishes is as close to the time of the new moon as possible or within 8 hours (before or after), however the opportunity period does last up to 48 hours.
- Find a quiet space to reflect on your new moon wishes and allow any hidden desires to surface through your intuition. You might be surprised at what comes up!
- WRITE DOWN your new moon wishes on paper!
- Make each wish, distinctly FEELING the feeling of each wish coming true. It is the act of feeling each wish that is needed to send the wish energy out to the universe. Remember when you made wishes as a young child on your birthday? It’s the same feeling of hope and desire that you had making wishes as a child.
- You can have up to 10 new moon wishes! Each distinct idea or ‘thing’ that you are wishing for counts as a separate wish.
- You can review your new moon wishes in 6 months, at the time of the next full moon in the same sign! See what came true or what progressed for you.
- If your wish doesn’t come true, keep wishing! There are many reasons why new moon wishes may not come true right away so don’t give up!
Remember, the universe may be bringing you a better outcome than what you can imagine.
Interested in a personalized online reading? Check out my offerings, new this month!
Click to view my most recent testimonials!
Like this article? Sign up below to follow my blog via email and receive more insights about the upcoming solar eclipse + other astrological events!