Each new moon symbolizes new beginnings, taking new directions and planting seeds that will lead to the manifestation of our dreams into reality. As it occurs in a different sign each month, the new moon represents opportunities for growth in these areas of our lives.
WHY NEW MOON WISHING WORKS:
Understanding astrology means learning to flow with astrological rhythms and that you can take advantage of Power Periods to can assist with manifesting your dreams! Each new moon is a special time to ask the universe for support for your desires for the future.
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe. Through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you to make your wish come true.
When you make a wish on the new moon, the energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making – it gives your wish more power to manifest!
The Aries new moon will occur at 10:57pm, eastern standard time on Monday, March 27th. Be sure to double check for the timing of the new moon in your location!
WHAT TO WISH FOR WHEN THE NEW MOON IS IN ARIES:
The New Moon in Aries is especially supportive of wishing for things like:
- More energy and vitality
- Support for making changes to personal habits
- Bravery and the release of inhibitions
- Greater willpower and the determination required not to give up
- A boost to take action or initiate something new
- Greater self confidence, self esteem
- More independence in relationships, acting out of one’s best interests without guilt
- Greater self awareness
- Better self care or the ability to put oneself first; self focus
- Authenticity, the ability to be oneself naturally and to communicate more honestly
- Improvement to physical health
- Leadership and the confidence to lead others
- Greater decisiveness, the ability to sense and trust one’s own instincts
- Support for taking a perceived risk or leap of faith
- Making good decisions for oneself
- Ability to be more straightforward and upfront about your expectations
- Assertiveness; speaking one’s truth directly, in a loving way (without blame)
- Tempering impulsive behaviour
- Release feelings of isolation or loneliness
- Greater awareness of others
- Release fears associated with new beginnings
Photo above taken during my travels, in Marseille France.
Given this new moon is occurring in the midst of some significant personal planet retrograde energy, you might want to wish for support for making changes to come at the right time! You can wish for divine support for the perfect timing for any new projects to succeed under positive stars!
TIPS FOR MAKING WISHES:
- The best time to make your new moon wishes is as close to the time of the new moon as possible or within 8 hours (before or after), however the opportunity period does last up to 48 hours.
- Find a quiet space to reflect on your new moon wishes and allow any hidden desires to surface through your intuition. You might be surprised at what comes up!
- WRITE DOWN your new moon wishes on paper!
- Make each wish, distinctly FEELING the feeling of each wish coming true. It is the act of feeling each wish that is needed to send the wish energy out to the universe. Remember when you made wishes as a young child on your birthday? It’s the same feeling of hope and desire that you had making wishes as a child.
- You can have up to 10 new moon wishes! Each distinct idea or ‘thing’ that you are wishing for counts as a separate wish.
- You can review your new moon wishes in 6 months, at the time of the next full moon in the same sign! See what came true or what progressed for you.
- If your wish doesn’t come true, keep wishing! There are many reasons why new moon wishes may not come true right away so don’t give up!
Remember, the universe may be bringing you a better outcome than what you can imagine.
Like this article? Sign up for my free email newsletter to receive more astrology updates and free offerings!