GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT NEW MOONS:
Each new moon symbolizes new beginnings, manifestation of our dreams into reality, change and transformation. As it occurs in a different sign each month, the new moon represents opportunities for growth in these areas of our lives.
WHY NEW MOON WISHING WORKS:
Understanding astrology means learning to flow with astrological rhythms and taking advantage of Astrological Power Periods that can assist with manifesting your dreams! Each new moon is a special time to ask the universe for support for your desires for the future.
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe and through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you to make your wish come true. When you make a wish on the new moon, the energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making – it gives your wish more power to manifest!
The Gemini new moon will occur at 3:43pm, eastern standard time on Wednesday, June 13th. Be sure to double check for the timing of the new moon in your location!
WHAT TO WISH FOR WHEN THE NEW MOON IS IN GEMINI:
The New Moon in Gemini is especially supportive of wishing for things like:
- Learning or teaching opportunities, especially through the internet
- Learning with more ease
- Cleverness, quick thinking
- The ability to see things more logically
- Mobility, especially domestic travel or other short trips
- More ease in social situations; tact, wittiness and social graces
- Support for interactions with siblings, roommates, schoolmates or neighbours
- Making new friends
- The ability to express ones ideas more clearly and succinctly
- Support for writing, blogging, speaking or teaching
- Feeling more calm and reducing mental anxiety
- A release from feeling restless
- Support for making decisions; seeing all of the options more clearly and feeling confident in making choices
- Effective listening
- Support for research or for being more resourceful, finding good sources of information and talking to the right people
- Flexibility; accepting new ideas and seeing others’ points of view
- Being more honest and saying what you mean without feeling burdened by trying to please everyone else
- Releasing fickle or superficial behaviour
- Success in projects or other endeavours which are short term
- Being more present and enjoying the moment
Suggestions for wishes on the June 13th, 2018 New Moon:
- This new moon occurs at the same time as a square between Venus in Cancer and Chiron which recently entered Aries as of mid-April. This can bring up feelings of instability and self doubt, so it’s a good time to wish for a greater sense of groundedness and to make healthy changes to your daily routine that give you the greatest strength and resilience on both a mental and physical level.
- With Mars soon entering retrograde and Venus retrograde coming later this year, it symbolizes a time of TREMENDOUS self healing and personal growth. It’s a good time to wish for support on your evolutionary journey; to meet the right teachers, find the right resources, find your ‘tribe’ or expand your support community, or for greater personal strength, resilience and the willingness to persist on the sometimes painful journey towards self-transformation.
- Mars Retrograde is also often about discovering or re-discovering your passions, so you can use this New Moon to wish for the universe to assist with being able to channel your greatest skills and talents into your career pursuits.
- Mercury in Cancer trines Uranus in Taurus on the day of the New Moon, representing the ability to act out of ones best interests even if it means taking a leap of faith in the short term. You can use this time to wish for greater intuitive senses, the ability to tap into your personal desires more clearly and for greater strength in your convictions.
Last New Moon in Gemini: May 25th, 2017; 3:44pm EST
Next New Moon in Gemini: June 3rd, 2019; 5:02am EST
TIPS FOR MAKING WISHES:
- The best time to make your new moon wishes is as close to the time of the new moon as possible or within 8 hours (before or after), however the opportunity period does last up to 48 hours.
- Find a quiet space to reflect on your new moon wishes and allow any hidden desires to surface through your intuition. You might be surprised at what comes up!
- WRITE DOWN your new moon wishes on paper!
- Make each wish, distinctly FEELING the feeling of each wish coming true. It is the act of feeling each wish that is needed to send the wish energy out to the universe. Remember when you made wishes as a young child on your birthday? It’s the same feeling of hope and desire that you had making wishes as a child.
- You can have up to 10 new moon wishes! Each distinct idea or ‘thing’ that you are wishing for counts as a separate wish.
- You can review your new moon wishes in 6 months, at the time of the next full moon in the same sign! See what came true or what progressed for you.
- If your wish doesn’t come true, keep wishing! There are many reasons why new moon wishes may not come true right away so don’t give up!
Remember, the universe may be bringing you a better outcome than what you can imagine.
Interested in a personalized online reading? Check out my online offerings here!