Full Moon Vibes
Full Moons bring an energetic culmination that can manifest as things ‘coming to completion’ in your life. It can be a time for important personal realizations or the achievement of milestones. The heightened energy of the Full Moon also reveals where unconscious emotional experiences are provoking you to excesses or interfering with your sense of objectivity.
Use the energy of Full Moons to reflect on how you find balance between energies of the signs where the opposing Moon and the Sun are placed. Since the Moon rules your emotions, notice where fear or the desire for security are driving your behavior. The intensity we temporarily feel at the Full Moon increases our ability to gain understanding and self-awareness. They also draw our attention to negative behavior patterns and/or belief systems that are ready to heal.
The Gemini Full Moon occurs at 12:39am EST on Friday, November 23rd. Be sure to double check for the time of the Full Moon in your location!
Gemini energy is highly clever, social and spontaneous! Gemini rules communication: it’s charming, persuasive and adaptable. It rules relationships between friends and siblings. Gemini energy also rules learning, is resourceful and open to new perspectives. This energy is always ‘busy’ and has a vast capacity for multitasking; it also rules planning, decision-making, transportation and short-distance travel.
The October ’18 Full Moon occurs at less than 1 degree of Gemini, so it’s also on the cusp to Taurus and will trigger manifestations in both signs.
Taurus energy is loving and sensual. It’s attracted to comfort, consistency and stability. This energy is hard working, practical and pragmatic but it can also become stubborn and resistant to change or taking risks. It has a strong sense of self-worth and seeks to acquire what is needed to create a sense of security.
Themes of the November 23rd Full Moon:
- Spontaneity and intellectual stimulation; exciting social interactions and debates
- Breakthroughs in expressing your ideas especially through writing, public speaking or teaching
- ‘Sorting out’ of the mind, emotions or the psyche, and arriving at decisions, conclusions or new realizations
- Broadening your network in like-minded communities
- Positive opportunities arising from ‘chance encounters’
- Research & study; diving into topics of personal interest
- Feeling scattered, anxious or overwhelmed
- Standing up for your personal values or boundaries
- Assessing your financial stability, wealth, acquisitions, income and/or savings
Because this Full Moon occurs on the cusp to Taurus, it also echoes some of the themes of the most recent Taurus Full Moon. For more info click here
Astrological Aspects Accompanying the Gemini Full Moon:
Jupiter Conjunct Sun in Sagittarius
- In general, this energy brings a sense of enthusiasm, optimism and good luck! Watch out for reckless behavior however – as Jupiter’s vibes often prompt you to push your limits.
Mars in Pisces Squares the Sun and Moon
- The energy of Mars in Pisces brings focus onto esoteric, spiritual topics. During this Full Moon, there is strong energy in the mutable signs which can make you feel overwhelmed or trigger an intense desire to escape reality. It’s time to look inward to realize where you unconsciously hold yourself back and self-sabotage. It’s also time to let go of a need for control or structure and to develop a greater tolerance for the ambiguity that is present during the fluid process of unfolding.
Neptune Retrograde in Pisces
- Neptune will be at a standstill in Pisces, as it stations direct one day after the Full Moon. This energy (combined with Mars also in Pisces this month) calls us to tune inward, tap into our intuitive senses, to forgive ourselves for our shortcomings and surrender to unseen forces.
- Mercury in retrograde now (until December 6th, with the post-shadow continuing until December 24th) influences us to look to the past and to look within in order to gain new perspective. This can mean that creative efforts can come from past pursuits, by picking up something that you started previously but that fell by the wayside. It can also inspire you to reconnect with fields of study that you were once passionate about. Click here for more insights about this fall’s Mercury Retrograde
2018 Gemini Full Moon POWER PERIOD:
We feel the heightened energy of the Full Moon about 3 days before and after it occurs; this time is the Full Moon POWER PERIOD. Those who have their natal Sun, Moon, Ascendant or other key placements in the Power Period signs will feel its intensity more strongly than others.
- November 20 in Aries
- November 21-22 in Taurus
- November 23-24 in Gemini
- November 25-26 in Cancer
For more insight into how the Full Moon is influencing you personally, check out my offerings for private online ‘podcast’ readings
Exaggerations or Shadows of Gemini/Taurus Energy:
The Moon influences the emotions which guide desires and decisions around our sense of security.
With the heightened energetic influence of the Full Moon, be mindful of these excessive tendencies which may take more effort than usual to bring into balance:
- Anxiety or overthinking
- Exhausting yourself by taking on ‘too much’
- Impulsive or reckless behavior
- Using dishonesty to manipulate a situation (telling white lies)
- Superficiality – needing to be reminded to assess people or situations beyond the ‘surface level’
- Tremendous insecurity (a sense of lack) about your material successes
- Inflexibility or self-righteousness
Gemini energy is highly social, clever and adaptable but it can also become scattered or get into a phase of anxiety from overthinking. This energy is charming and fun, and can bring you many social graces but watch out for telling ‘white lies’ to get what you want (and it’s okay to be a little skeptical of others right now when things seem too good to be true). Gemini energy is acutely aware of the many perceptions and opinions of others and tries to accommodate as many viewpoints as possible, which can lend itself to lively discussions and debate, however be mindful that this can also lead to challenges making decisions, and you may have to take a step back to reconnect with your own ‘personal’ truth.
Taurus energy is hard working, focused and driven to succeed but when exaggerated can become greedy, self-righteous or closed off to the opinions of others. Despite how you may be feeling in the moment, this is a time to take a step back from being defined by what you have (or don’t have), or what you have (or have not) accomplished in life. During this Full Moon, if you’re distracted by sense of lack, you can work to bring it into balance through gratitude, self-acceptance and perhaps also the willingness to accept help from others.
Peace and Blessings!
~ Stargazing Yogi