A Solar Eclipse occurs when the Moon is directly between Earth and the Sun. At this time, new opportunities come out of the periphery and all possibilities for change are on the table. It’s a powerful time for manifesting new beginnings.
The Eclipse occurs at 3:16pm on Tuesday, July 2nd EST at 10 degrees of Cancer; make sure to double check for the exact time of the Eclipse in your location!
Solar Eclipses can be full or partial and occur approximately every 6 months, when the Moon is directly in line between the Earth and Sun (New Moon). Solar eclipses generally trigger experiences such as new opportunities, new beginnings or radical change. Their influence often relates especially to personal relationships. You can start to feel the effects of the eclipse 4-6 weeks beforehand – as early as the second half of May for the July 2nd eclipse.
While Eclipses can often bring unexpected change or opportunities, remember that they often trigger important ‘course corrections’ which jolt you back on track wherever you have strayed from your destined path.
Like all New Moons, Solar Eclipses are an amazing time to set or refocus your intentions and to ask the universe for support through New Moon wishing.
General Solar Eclipse Themes
- New beginnings; new adventures
- Leaning into new opportunities
- Asking the universe or spirit to support your intentions and desires for the future (making wishes)
- Surprises; unexpected change
- New relationships or major shifts (new developments) in existing relationships
- Setting the tone for the upcoming 6-month period (until the next ‘eclipse season’)
Cancer energy is nurturing, intuitive and loyal. Ruled by the Moon, this energy represents matters of the heart, the mother archetype, unconditional love, home and family. Expressing emotions and especially desire very intensely, this sign also rules courageous acts. It represents our sense of vulnerability and need for emotional security.
Themes of July 2019 Solar Eclipse in CANCER
- Fiercely pursuing your heart’s desires and releasing pressure to meet others’ standards
- Setting your intentions (and making wishes!) for the next 6 months
- Surrendering to intuitive guidance.
- Listening to a deep source of inner knowing that is communicating your heart’s greatest desires now; a renewed sense of belief in your big dreams; willingness to take a risk to follow your heart.
- Making necessary changes in relationships to enable a greater sense of self worth.
- Releasing fear of failure (or fear of success!). Releasing guilt or shame.
- Being open to radical change,
- Expressing yourself creatively.
- Finding the courage to stand out as unique or even unconventional.
- Changes at home such as a move, renovations/repairs or a new addition to the family.
- Allowing those you trust to witness your vulnerability; asking for support from the people in your life who make you feel accepted and validated.
Working with Lunar Astrology Vibes
Each new moon symbolizes new beginnings, manifestation of our dreams into reality, change and transformation. As it occurs in a different sign each month, the new moon represents opportunities for growth in these areas of our lives.
WHY NEW MOON WISHING WORKS:
Understanding astrology means learning to flow with astrological rhythms and taking advantage of Astrological opportunity periods that can assist with manifesting your dreams! Each New Moon is a special time to ask the universe for support with your future goals.
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe and through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you to make your wish come true. When you make a wish on the New Moon, the energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making – it gives your wish more power to manifest!
The New Moon in Cancer is especially supportive of wishing for things like:
- Emotional stability
- Intimacy; feeling understood and safe on an emotional level with others
- The ability to attract those into your life who support you emotionally and validate what you are feeling
- Empathy and the ability to put others needs first
- Becoming more in touch with your heart’s true desires, free from the influence of outside factors
- Freedom from feeling held back by a sense of guilt in relationships
- Releasing insecurity; finding a greater sense of belonging
- Expressing emotions without fear or shame; showing vulnerability
- Improvements to family relationships or greater stability at home
- Negotiating skills
- Pregnancy or other new beginnings in the home
- Support for those who are mothers or for relationships between mothers and children
- Releasing overly-cautious behavior
- Letting go of being on homebody
- The ability to step out of your comfort zone in order to achieve happiness
- Reconciling with disappointment, pain, suffering and trauma felt during childhood
- Letting go of feeling neglected or of clinging to relationships for emotional security
- Breaking free from feeling held back by family traditions, attitudes or upbringing that is not in sync with your heart’s true desires
- Improvements to work/life balance
TIPS FOR MAKING WISHES:
- Make your wishes within the first 72 hours after the New Moon (try to do it as close to the New Moon time as possible). You can also do it up to 8 hours before.
- Find a quiet space to reflect on your New Moon wishes and allow any hidden desires to surface through your intuition. You might be surprised at what comes up! You can also use my New Moon Guided Meditation to help you with this!
- WRITE DOWN your New Moon wishes on paper!
- Make each wish, distinctly FEELING the feeling of each wish coming true. It is the act of feeling each wish that is needed to send the wish energy out to the universe. Remember when you made wishes as a young child on your birthday? It’s the same feeling of hope and desire that you had making wishes as a child.
- You can make up to 10 New Moon wishes! Each distinct idea or ‘thing’ that you are wishing for counts as a separate wish.
- Love yourself and know in your heart that you are worthy of your wishes.
- You can review your New Moon wishes in 6 months, at the time of the next Full Moon in the same sign. See what came true or what progressed for you.
- If your wish doesn’t come true, don’t give up hope! There are many reasons why New Moon wishes may not come true right away. Remember, the universe may be bringing you a better outcome than what you can imagine.
Astrological Aspects Accompanying the July 2019 Solar Eclipse
1) Saturn conjuct the South Node in Capricorn
- Letting go of ‘hard-wired’ habits and beliefs which are no longer relevant
- Fiercely pursuing your heart’s desires and releasing pressure to meet the expectations of others
- Setting your own standards for success, wealth, authority and respect
- Letting go of fears around being unconventional
2) Mercury and Mars in Leo Trine Chiron in Aries & Square Uranus in Taurus
- A strong sense of internal conflict, leading to intense feelings of vulnerability, the fear of being judged by others, self-doubt or feeling held back by old wounds – how you choose to respond is up to you.
- Taking an important stand, especially where your personal integrity is at stake
- Taking a step forward towards being seen in your most authentic light even though you may feel terrified inside.
- Tapping into creative urges and passions with joyful expressions of playfulness, love, open-heartedness and generosity.
- Being grateful for the lessons you’ve experienced through difficult times and ‘paying it forward’ in some way that helps or empowers others.
3) Summer 2019 Mercury Retrograde Pre-Shadow
- Gaining insights and arriving at decisions intuitively
- Surrendering to the heart’s desires, accepting uncertainty, trusting
- Looking inward and to the past – experiences influenced by this retrograde may include reconnecting with past inspirations, healing family conflicts, or turning a new leaf with someone in your family, especially a parent or spouse.
- Being willing to go with the flow with a greater sense of openness about the next 6-months
- Welcoming unexpected guidance or being open to experimentation
Want to learn more about Mercury Retrograde this summer and receive a short private reading with me about how this summer’s Mercury Retrograde is influencing you personally? Check out my online course offering below, including a private 1-1 reading and 3 Mercury Retrograde podcasts!
Interested in a private online reading? Check out my online offerings here!