In the lunar cycle, New Moons carry the energy of new beginnings, opportunities and developments. They also amplify the potential for growth according to the energy of the sign where they are occurring (and house placement according to your personal natal chart).
The 2019 New Moon in Leo will occur at 11:12pm EST on Wednesday, July 31st, at 8 degrees. Be sure to double check the timing of the New Moon in your area!
Leo vibes are truly warm-hearted and fun-loving! With the Sun as this sign’s ruler, Leo energy is about being SEEN, admired and loved in your most authentic light – bask in it! These vibes represent your playful, creative side and expressing emotions and desires in big, dramatic, passionate, generous and/or romantic ways. This energy is also dedicated, hard-working and focused on integrity. These vibes also represent your own inner child and the instinctive desire for love and acceptance. ‘Shadow’ expressions of Leo can be lavish indulgence, self-absorption or forcefulness.
This New Moon brings the potential to spark new creative expressions as you expand on the ways in which your allow yourself to be seen by others, and celebrated in your most authentic light. Mercury’s 3-week retrograde cycle also ends on Wednesday, which means there is an especially inward focus during this New Moon, with an emphasis on personal revelations or the healing and release of past grievances. This can also be a time to find new sources of fulfillment from old hobbies and past-times or old artistic outlets. The energy of the New Moon in passionate Leo can also bring the potential for a fresh start with an old flame, as long as both parties as long as both are open to an ongoing journey of personal growth, including the establishment of new patterns.
The energy of Mercury retrograde is the feminine energy of receiving and can often bring spontaneous, unplanned circumstances or unexpected opportunities to us. The combination of these vibes with this New Moon means that a key element of harnessing this New Moon’s energy is maintaining a sense of openness to the unknown, with the willingness to be flexible.
The New Moon conjunct Venus brings sweetness especially to romantic relationships, supporting passionate connections and communication breakthroughs that allow for more honesty, vulnerability and intimacy. Tapping into Leo vibes now can allow you to open yourself up to more generous expressions of love, kindness and compassion towards others.
Leo rules leadership, integrity and a dedicated work ethic. Focusing on your intentions now can allow you to take greater pride in your work and express greater commitment to your most important goals. The conjunction to Venus can also bring achievement and new opportunities to your work, or other personal projects in which you are especially invested.
HARNESSING THE ENERGY OF THE NEW MOON:
New Moons are the time to energetically plant ‘seeds’ for the future. New Moon energy is also very supportive of asking the universe (or spirit) to support your intentions and desires for the future, especially through a monthly ritual of making New Moon wishes.
Begin your New Moon ritual by reflecting on all that you are grateful for in your life and with a sense of openness to change and to receiving new opportunities that align with the greatest expressions of your gifts into the world. This time is generally optimistic and ripe with powerful potential so open yourself to the possibility of an unexpected miracle.
Each New Moon, you have the opportunity to tap into powerful support for aligning your deepest desires with the energy of manifestation. Set time aside to daydream or meditate on the ‘best possible outcome’ for yourself now, setting or reaffirming your goals for the future, whether personal, relationship, career, financial, family or otherwise – and write them down!
You can also use the energy of the New Moon to ask for the ability to balance any shadow expressions of Leo energy, or to tap into the highest expressions of Leo vibes (see more about what to wish for below!). Awareness of how Leo energy is expressed for your personally through your natal chart can help guide you in setting your New Moon intentions. A personal reading can reveal these, and other, insights.
In the days following the New Moon, do what you love and invest your energy in what truly motivates you. Feel fully alive and know that you have the power to create positive changes in your life, whatever they may be.
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe and through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you to make your wish come true. When you make a wish on the New Moon, the energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making – it gives your wish more power to manifest!
WHAT TO WISH FOR WHEN THE NEW MOON IS IN LEO:
The New Moon in Leo is especially supportive of wishing for things like:
- True love
- Creativity and artistic expression
- Confidence being ‘seen’ in front of others
- Leadership and determination
- A sense of pride and dignity about one’s purpose in life
- Having a more lighthearted nature, the ability to play and see the world through the eyes of a child
- Humility, a softening of the ego and releasing the need to always be ‘right’
- The ability to express your authentic self
- A new pregnancy or improved relationships with children
- Receiving recognition and acceptance for who you are; a sense of approval and belonging
- Compassion through a recognition of the ‘inner child’ in others
- Greater passion and enthusiasm
- The ability to bring joy to others
- The ability to shine brilliantly in the world
- Kindness and generosity
- The ability to express love more openly
- Fully engaging in life or taking a risk for excitement
- Time to have fun, play recreational sports and enjoy yourself
- The ability to step ‘into the spotlight’
- Self-confidence in social settings
- Releasing oneself from a tendency towards extravagance
ADDITIONAL TIPS FOR MAKING WISHES:
- Make your wishes within the first 72 hours after the New Moon (try to do it as close to the New Moon time as possible). You can also do it up to 8 hours before.
- Find a quiet space to reflect on your New Moon wishes and allow any hidden desires to surface through your intuition. You might be surprised at what comes up! You can also use my New Moon Guided Meditation to help you with this!
- WRITE DOWN your New Moon wishes on paper!
- Make each wish, distinctly FEELING the feeling of each wish coming true. It is the act of feeling each wish that is needed to send the wish energy out to the universe. Remember when you made wishes as a young child on your birthday? It’s the same feeling of hope and desire that you had making wishes as a child.
- You can make up to 10 New Moon wishes! Each distinct idea or ‘thing’ that you are wishing for counts as a separate wish.
- Love yourself and know in your heart that you are worthy of your wishes.
- You can review your New Moon wishes in 6 months, at the time of the next Full Moon in the same sign. See what came true or what progressed for you.
- If your wish doesn’t come true, don’t give up hope! There are many reasons why New Moon wishes may not come true right away. Remember, the universe may be bringing you a better outcome than what you can imagine.
Click here for a Guided Meditation that you can use to support your monthly New Moon Manifesting Ritual!
Interested in a personalized online reading? Check out my online offerings here!