Ingenuity, strengthening connections within your ‘tribe’ and tapping into your most authentic expressions are key themes of this month’s Full Moon in Aquarius!
The August 2019 Full Moon will occur on Thursday, August 15th at 8:29am EST, at 22 degrees of Aquarius. Be sure to double check the exact time of the Full Moon in your location!
Full Moon Vibes
Full Moons represent an energetic culmination that manifests through aspects of your life ‘reaching a new stage of maturity’.
Generally, Full Moons are associated with experiences of completion, newfound self-awareness and release. They bring about key decisions, personal revelations, communication breakthroughs, shifts in relationships, endings or a transformation to the next stage.
During a Full Moon when the Sun and the Moon oppose each other, conflicts in our lives can feel more intense, as well as the urge to resolve them. At the same time, the intensity we temporarily feel at the Full Moon increases our ability to gain valuable perspective.
The energy of the Full Moon can reveal ‘blind spots’, such as addictive habits, unconscious fears or unintegrated traumas from the past. You can tune into this energy by noticing where fear or the desire for security, are driving your behavior, often ‘irrationally’ (this is where ‘Full Moon Madness’ comes into play!) At the same time, as we peer into the face of our own shadow side, we also have the opportunity to neutralize unconscious triggers and behavior patterns that no longer serve us. Consciously working with the energy of the Full Moon, you may release or transform grievances, resentment and old wounds through forgiveness.
Tuning Into The Healing Energy of Full Moons
Being healed doesn’t mean that the pain never existed. It means you have evolved to a place where it no longer controls your life.
Working consciously with the energy of the Full Moon means that you can tap into its power to bring awareness to residual emotions from past experiences and/or self-limiting beliefs that may be operating beneath the level of conscious awareness. By consciously acknowledging these energies, you allow for the opportunity to cleanse and heal pain, grief or other traumas. During the Full Moon, your sensitivities are heightened – you are literally FEELING more intensely and the potential for healing can be accessed by leaning into and exploring the emotions that arise. Feeling is the first step towards healing. You can use the energy of the Full Moon to;
- Forgive yourself as well as others
- Release emotional emotional ‘charges’
- Integrate past experiences, acknowledging the associated lesson or wisdom and taking on a fresh perspective
- Evolve out of a victim mentality
- Gain a deeper understanding of the unconscious desires, fears or needs that drive your behavior
Aquarius energy is distinctively unconventional, rebellious, independent, strategic, objective and emotionally detached. It represents breaking away from traditional ways of thinking, as well as the REDISCOVERY of ancient wisdom. It’s focused on the ‘big picture’ and issues we face collectively as a society.
This Full Moon is a great time to reflect on trajectory in terms of accomplishing your ‘big goals’, as well as the communities with whom you most identify. It’s time to objectively evaluate whether your tribe truly reflects your personal values and perspectives about life. This can also be a time to cleanse or let go of associating with anyone who does not align with your highest vibrations.
Key Themes of the Full Moon in Aquarius
- New expressions of creativity, ingenuity and innovation
- Divine insight and inspiration; becoming aware of higher, universal truths
- Strengthening connections with your ‘tribe’ – the people with whom you share common ideals and values
- Radical shifts in perspective leading to valuable insights and the solutions to complicated problems
- Gaining awareness and letting go of personal fears and anxieties
- Developing a greater sense of confidence in yourself and your value
- Letting yourself FEEL and express emotions more openly
- Tapping into a greater sense of joy about life
- Gaining awareness and letting go of a tendency to over-analyze a situation in attempt to control it
- Accomplishments that benefit your community or other large organizations
- Positive developments in relationships, especially with lovers or children
- Technological or scientific advances
- Working through personal challenges by taking on a more objective outlook
- Being able to communicate about a difficult subject both honestly and diplomatically
2019 Aquarius Full Moon
We feel the heightened energy of a Full Moon about 3 days before and after it occurs; I call this the Full Moon Power Period.
Those who have their natal Sun, Moon, Ascendant or other key placements in the Power Period signs (Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces) will feel the influence of this Full Moon Lunar Eclipse most intensely.
- Aug 12th in Capricorn
- Aug 13th-15th in Aquarius
- Aug 16th-18th in Pisces
For more insight into how the Full Moon is influencing you personally, check out my offerings for private online readings
Aspects Accompanying the August 2019 Full Moon
Venus conjunct the Sun, opposing the Moon
- There is strong energy in the Full Moon’s opposing sign of Leo, with the Sun, Venus, Mercury, Mars as well as Juno all in this sign on the day of the Full Moon. The influence of the Sun’s conjunction with Venus in Leo lasts from approximately 8/7-9/1 and peaks on 8/14, the day before the Full Moon. Venus’ influence is generally positive and can soften or balance out the more typically intense experience of the Full Moon. Venus in Leo helps you to boost confidence, open you up to more freedom through creative expression, take risks that involve following your heart and tap into a greater sense of playfulness and joy about life.
- This aspect has been a key energetic theme for much of 2019, and will reach it’s third and final peak in September. This aspect provides the opportunity to release limiting beliefs, or fears, that you are holding onto about yourself or the world. This can also be an important time for gaining awareness about behavior tendencies which are reckless, self-indulgent or escapist in nature.
Eclipse Season winding down
- The Summer Eclipses are behind us, however the influences of the Eclipse Season are still winding down and that means that this Full Moon can bring about some kind of ‘resolution’ or yield clarity about direction in which the shifts over the last 10 weeks have been leading you.
Exaggerations or Shadows of Aquarius Energy:
The Moon influences the emotions which guide our desires, decisions and needs. With the heightened energetic influence of the Full Moon, it’s important to watch out these excessive expressions:
- Low self-confidence
- Emotional detachment; avoiding a personal connection with others
- Rigid thinking, over-analyzing or over-strategizing
- Withholding authentic or warm-hearted expressions
Bringing Full Moon vibes into Balance
Opposing the sign of the Full Moon, the Sun, Venus, Mercury and Mars will be in Leo. Tapping into the Full Moon’s opposing archetypal energy can help you balance your experience and bring awareness to how the Full Moon is influencing your emotional triggers, reactions and fears.
Tuning into Leo Vibes
Leo vibes are truly warm-hearted and fun-loving! With the Sun as this sign’s ruler, Leo energy is about being SEEN, admired and loved in your most authentic light – bask in it! These vibes represent your playful, creative side and expressing emotions and desires in big, dramatic, passionate, generous and/or romantic ways. These vibes also represent your own inner child and the instinctive desire for love and acceptance.
- Awareness is key to consciously moving through astrological transits and embracing the lessons they have to offer us on our journey towards greater personal development.
- Remember that everyone is feeling intense or exaggerated emotions right now and might be prone to more ‘irrational’ behavior – your compassion goes a long way!
- Be willing to embrace change and the gifts that may hide within something that is currently unknown
Interested in a private online reading? Check out my online offerings here!