New Moons are a time for rebirth, new beginnings and new opportunities. Energetically, this time carries powerful potential for focusing your intentions, allowing you to plant the ‘seeds’ that will bring your dreams into reality.
The 2019 New Moon in Scorpio will occur at 11:39pm EST on Sunday, October 27th, at 4º25.
Scorpio rules deep emotional vulnerability, your desire to be fulfilled by your relationships, sexuality, intimacy and trust. This energy naturally sees beyond the surface to the deeper layers, sensing hidden motives and desires as well as unrealized potential.
Scorpio represents your most extreme emotions including the echoes of past traumas: the feelings you are afraid to face. This energy uncovers the truths that reside within the dark underbelly of life. It can drive you to explore mysterious and taboo realms, or the dark depths of your own psyche.
Scorpio energy rules personal power and your own sense of empowerment. It can also reveal where you are holding yourself in a victim mentality. You can use this energy to tune into any areas of life where hurt, cynicism and anger are leading to self-sabotage. As Scorpio has a tendency to hold a grudge, balancing these vibes involves opening yourself up to forgiveness for yourself as well as others.
With this New Moon opposing Uranus in Taurus, there is a strong calling now to take a leap of faith. The influence of this opposition brings focus to changes in your life that are inevitable, but also mean significant upset to your personal sense of security (at least in the short-term). Where are you avoiding or resisting positive change for fear of what you might lose? What risks are you wishing you had the guts to take? Where are you assuming that a change you are facing is going to turn out negatively, when the truth is you really don’t know?
During the Scorpio season, you’re called to reflect on the inner landscape of your emotions. What are your deepest needs and desires? How are you guarding or protecting yourself? Where are the ‘minefields’? We have a long Scorpio season this year, with Mercury spending an extended period of time here this fall (nearly 10 weeks). Mercury retrograde in Scorpio emphasizes this calling to look inward, to examine the residual emotions you are still holding onto from past experiences, and give yourself a sense of closure. What needs to shift in order for you to feel a renewed sense of faith and optimism about the future?
HARNESSING THE ENERGY OF THE NEW MOON:
New Moons are the time to set or refocus your intentions, making wishes for the future and even meditating on positive affirmations which support these developments. New Moon energy is the most potent time to ask the universe (or spirit) to support bringing your dreams into reality. Developing a personal New Moon practice or ritual to tap into this energy, you can consciously plant your energetic seeds for the future.
Before making your New Moon wishes and affirmations, reflect on all that you are grateful for in your life. You may even reflect on how you can let go of past grievances you are holding onto through a gesture of forgiveness. Allow yourself to let go of energetic attachments to the past so that you have more energy to focus on your intentions for the future.
This time is generally optimistic and ripe with powerful potential; take a moment to tune into the subtle energy of new beginnings with a sense of curiosity and excitement. This is a time to be willing to receive new opportunities that align with the greatest expressions of your gifts in the world.
Give yourself time to daydream or meditate on the ‘best possible outcomes’ for yourself, you may be surprised at what comes up! From this meditation, write down your New Moon wishes. These are the goals you are setting (or reaffirming) for yourself, whether personal, relationship, career, financial, family or otherwise. Once you have done that, go back over each one and feel the feeling of that wish coming true. Beside each wish, write a statement, in the present tense, which encapsulates how you will feel once the wish has come true.
You can also use the energy of the New Moon to ask for the ability to balance any shadow expressions of Scorpio energy, or to tap into the highest expressions of Scorpio vibes (see some suggestions for Scorpio New Moon wishes below!).
Awareness of how Scorpio energy is expressed for your personally through your natal chart can also to help guide you in setting your New Moon intentions. A personal reading can reveal these as well as other insights.
In the days following the New Moon, do what you love and invest your energy in what truly motivates you. Feel fully alive and know that you have the power to create positive changes in your life, whatever they may be.
WHY NEW MOON WISHING WORKS:
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe and through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you to make your wish come true. When you make a wish on the New Moon, the energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making – it gives your wish more power to manifest!
What to wish for when the New Moon is in Scorpio:
The New Moon in Scorpio is especially supportive of wishing for things like:
- Calling in exactly what you want in your intimate relationships
- Greater intimacy, including a renewed sense of trust
- Greater fulfillment through sexual connection
- Recognizing who deserves your trust (and who doesn’t)
- Greater focus on supporting your partner’s needs
- Forgiveness and/or the release of long-held grievances
- Assistance with ‘power struggles’, including workplace politics
- Feeling empowered and using personal power responsibly
- Psychological healing and the release of trauma
- Release from addiction or other obsessive-compulsive behavior
- Releasing rage, jealousy, destructive behavior, bitterness and/or self-sabotage
- Greater optimism about the future and the courage to take a risk for what you believe in
- Making good decisions for yourself
- Releasing fear of commitment
- Favorable business investments, inheritances, contracts, grants, loans or tax settlements
- Healing from issues related to the colon, bladder, organs of elimination or sexual organs
Namastrology Radio: Scorpio New Moon Vibes
Interested in a private online reading? Check out my online offerings here!
MERCURY RETROGRADE AND YOU!
Learning to flow with personal planet retrogrades is one of the most useful and practical ways to incorporate astrology into your everyday life.
I am offering a 5-week online course designed to guide you through this fall’s Mercury Retrograde cycle, and teach you valuable tools for working with all future Mercury Retrograde cycles.
During this 5-week course, you will receive:
- A ~45 minute podcast each week
- Practical tips and guidance for using Mercury retrograde energies to your best advantage (do’s and don’ts!)
- A customized reading for how Mercury is expressed naturally in your birth chart
- General and personalized guidance for how the retrograde cycle will influence YOU.
- Understanding of the essence of planet Mercury and what it rules.
- Interactive guidance on navigating through the retrograde season as unfolds.
- Ability to connect with me for questions at any time.
- Knowledge of how to balance Masculine and Feminine energies during retrograde.
- A calendar of key dates for the Fall 2019 retrograde cycle.
- Practical understanding of retrograde ‘shadow periods’ – what they mean and how to work within them.
- Support with planning and prioritizing important events in your life!
- A framework for working with future retrograde seasons.
- Increased ability to ‘tune in’ and sense astrological energies!