A Solar Eclipse occurs when the Moon is directly between Earth and the Sun. At this time, new opportunities come out of the periphery and all possibilities for change are on the table. It’s a powerful time for manifesting new beginnings.
The Solar Eclipse occurs at 12:13am on Thursday, December 26th EST at 4 degrees of Capricorn 07; make sure to double check for the exact time of the Eclipse in your location!
Solar Eclipses can be full or partial and occur approximately every 6 months, when the Moon is directly in line between the Earth and Sun (New Moon). Solar eclipses generally trigger experiences such as new opportunities, new beginnings or radical change. Their influence often relates especially to personal relationships. You can start to feel the effects of the eclipse 4-6 weeks beforehand, which would have been as early as the second half of November for the December 26th eclipse.
While Eclipses can often bring unexpected change or opportunities, remember that they often trigger important ‘course corrections’ which jolt you back on track wherever you have strayed from your destined path.
Like all New Moons, Solar Eclipses are an amazing time to set or refocus your intentions and to ask the universe for support through New Moon wishes and affirmations.
General Solar Eclipse Themes
- New beginnings; new adventures
- Leaning into new opportunities
- Asking the universe or spirit to support your intentions and desires for the future (making wishes)
- Surprises; unexpected change
- New relationships or major shifts (new developments) in existing relationships
- Setting the tone for the upcoming 6-month period (until the next ‘eclipse season’)
Capricorn energy is expressed through your pursuit of respect and recognition in the world. This energy rules your ambitions and who you are as a leader, as well as the rewards that come with accomplishment. It rules your idea of success itself.
Capricorn vibes represent discernment, precision and integrity in action. This archetype lives to play the game and does so with remarkable patience and self-discipline. It’s also highly strategic, instinctively recognizing and seizing opportunities. Shadow expressions to be mindful of will include shrewdness, emotional detachment, a prohibitive emphasis on rules, and cynicism masked as realism.
In its highest vibrations, Capricorn energy represents bringing your personal gifts and ideals into the world through the role you play in your public life.
This Eclipse occurs in the first 5 degrees of Capricorn (on the cusp to Sagittarius), thus triggering a manifestations in both signs.
Sagittarius has an enthusiastic passion for life and is the luckiest, most optimistic sign of the zodiac. This energy is independent, spontaneous and joyful, with a true lust for adventure. It’s the archetype of the free-spirit, who laughs in the face of risk and lives life perpetually ‘on the edge’.
Sagittarius loves to learn and gain wisdom through hands-on experience. These vibes rule travel, languages, history, universities (anything related to ‘higher learning’), public speaking, philosophy and religion. In the Vedic tradition, Sagittarius is known as the wise man or Guru; those with strong Sag vibes in their birth chart often posses wisdom beyond their years.
Sagittarius energy represents a deeply intuitive understanding of the human experience. It perceives our ultimate ‘oneness’ beyond superficial borders and distinctions. These vibes rule ‘the big picture’, our connection to the divine and esoteric truths.
Themes of December 2019 Solar Eclipse in CAPRICORN/SAGITTARIUS
- Taking BIG steps towards the achievement of your greatest ambitions!
- Getting clear on your purpose, and what you want to be known for in the world, while cutting away time/energy investments that are no longer in alignment
- Setting your intentions (and making wishes!) for the next 6 months
- Strengthening self-discipline and establishing better habits
- Bringing greater integrity to your commitments and reputation
- Feeling empowered to step into new positions of authority
- Discovering and/or embracing your ability to inspire others
- Making necessary changes in relationships to enable a greater sense of self-worth
- Making changes to create more freedom in your life
- Releasing fear of failure and/or fear of success
- Letting go of being judged by other people’s standards
- Being open to radical change
- Finding the courage to stand out as unique or even unconventional
HARNESSING THE ENERGY OF THE NEW MOON:
New Moons are the time to set or refocus your intentions, making wishes for the future and even meditating on positive affirmations which support these developments. New Moon energy is the most potent time to ask the universe (or spirit) to support bringing your dreams into reality. Developing a personal New Moon practice or ritual to tap into this energy, you can consciously plant your energetic seeds for the future.
Before making your New Moon wishes and affirmations, reflect on all that you are grateful for in your life. You may even reflect on how you can let go of past grievances you are holding onto through a gesture of forgiveness. Allow yourself to let go of energetic attachments to the past so that you have more energy to focus on your intentions for the future.
This time is generally optimistic and ripe with powerful potential; take a moment to tune into the subtle energy of new beginnings with a sense of curiosity and excitement. This is a time to be willing to receive new opportunities that align with the greatest expressions of your gifts in the world.
Give yourself time to daydream or meditate on the ‘best possible outcomes’ for yourself, you may be surprised at what comes up! From this meditation, write down your New Moon wishes. These are the goals you are setting (or reaffirming) for yourself, whether personal, relationship, career, financial, family or otherwise. Once you have done that, go back over each one and feel the feeling of that wish coming true. Beside each wish, write a statement, in the present tense, which encapsulates how you will feel once the wish has come true.
You can also use the energy of the New Moon to ask for the ability to balance any shadow expressions of Sagittarius energy, or to tap into the highest expressions of Sagittarius vibes (see some suggestions for Sagittarius New Moon wishes below!).
Awareness of how Sagittarius energy is expressed for your personally through your natal chart can also to help guide you in setting your New Moon intentions. A personal reading can reveal these as well as other insights.
In the days following the New Moon, do what you love and invest your energy in what truly motivates you. Feel fully alive and know that you have the power to create positive changes in your life, whatever they may be.
WHY NEW MOON WISHING WORKS:
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe and through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you to make your wish come true. When you make a wish on the New Moon, the energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making – it gives your wish more power to manifest!
The New Moon in Capricorn is especially supportive of wishing for things like:
- Finding or staying on track with your life purpose
- The discipline or commitment you need to achieve your goals
- Maturity and/or greater respect from others
- Gaining a more practical outlook on your situation
- Keeping promises or commitments
- Strategy skills and/or being smarter with money
- Recognition for your work, promotions
- Improved leadership abilities, delegating and managing
- Making practical or strategic decisions
- Social status or material gains as a result of your work
- Improved relationship with authority figures
- Improved relationship with your father or other father figures
- Releasing yourself from unrealistic expectations
- Releasing yourself from workaholic tendencies
- Releasing yourself from limiting structures, traditions and belief systems
This New Moon Solar Eclipse occurs on the cusp to Sagittarius, meaning that you can also use this energy to wish for:
- Awareness of a higher truth
- A deeper sense of faith
- The perfect spiritual mentor or guide
- Strengthened intuition
- Foreign travel and/or exploration
- A deeper connection with nature
- A more positive outlook on life
- The ability to communicate more honestly
- A greater sense of integrity
- The strength to act according to your conscience
- A favorable resolution in legal matters
- Academic success
- Generosity of spirit
- Sensitivity towards others
- Attention to detail
- Self-discipline and/or self-control
- Confidence and/or peace of mind
- Healing from sciatica or issues related to the liver, thighs and/or hips
Astrological Aspects Accompanying the December 2019 Solar Eclipse
1) Sun and Moon conjunct Jupiter in Capricorn
Jupiter, the largest planet in our solar system, represents good fortune, growth, abundance and lucky opportunities. Jupiter also brings maturity and the evolution towards higher realms of consciousness. They can also bring an increased focus on justice, or addressing matters of injustice.
This conjunction amplifies the potential for;
- Dramatic action being taken on the physical plane
- Especially lucky opportunities
- Motivation, determination and a heightened sense of urgency
2) Jupiter conjunct the South Node in Capricorn
While Jupiter vibes are often seen as ‘lucky’ and optimistic, this energy can also mean exaggeration and excess. You may have trouble observing healthy limits in the area of your life being influenced by this transit. When Jupiter vibes are strong, we are far more inclined to say ‘yes’, and struggle with when to say ‘no’.
This conjunction amplifies the potential for;
- A calling to examine your sense of personal integrity and how your values align with your day-to-day actions
- The exposure of unhealthy and/or destructive tendencies related to work ethic or your notions of success
- A calling to evaluate your sense of self-respect
- The exposure of traditions and/or belief systems which are no longer relevant
3) Sun, Moon and Jupiter trine Uranus in Capricorn
This aspect amplifies the potential for;
- A feeling of fear or instability
- Radical transformative changes
- Unexpected opportunities, decisions or other twists of fate
4) Saturn conjunct Pluto in Capricorn
This aspect amplifies the potential for;
- Narrowing down your focus to your most important goals
- Being called to use personal power more responsibly
Interested in a private online reading? Check out my online offerings here!
2020 Lunar Astrology Calendar
- Shows the Moon’s daily movement through the zodiac signs over the next 12 months!
- Includes the date and time of 2020 Full & New Moons
- Includes Full Moon ‘Power Periods’
- Use to keep track of how the Moon influences you personally in a particular sign or phase
- Electronic copy + print version mailed to you