New Moons are a time for rebirth, new beginnings and new opportunities. Energetically, this time carries powerful potential for focusing your intentions, allowing you to plant the ‘seeds’ that will bring your dreams into reality.
The 2020 New Moon in Aquarius will occur at 2:42pm EST on Friday, January 24th, at 4º22. This New Moon will occur on the cusp to Capricorn, and so you can also tune into Capricorn energy as you perform this month’s manifesting rituals!
Aquarius energy is distinctively unconventional, rebellious, independent, strategic, objective and emotionally detached. It represents breaking away from traditional ways of thinking, as well as the REDISCOVERY of ancient wisdom. It’s focused on the ‘big picture’ and issues we face collectively as a society.
This New Moon is a great time to reflect on the trajectory of your ‘big dreams’, as well as the communities with whom you most identify. It’s time to objectively evaluate whether your circle of friends and acquaintances truly reflects your personal values and ideals in life. See more below about what to wish for when the New Moon is in Aquarius!
This can also be a time to cleanse or let go of associating with anyone who does not align with your highest vibrations.
Capricorn energy is expressed through your pursuit of respect and recognition in the world. This energy rules your ambitions and who you are as a leader, as well as the rewards that come with accomplishment. It rules your idea of success itself.
Capricorn vibes represent discernment, precision and integrity in action. This archetype lives to play the game and does so with remarkable patience and self-discipline. It’s also highly strategic, instinctively recognizing and seizing opportunities. Shadow expressions to be mindful of will include shrewdness, emotional detachment, a prohibitive emphasis on rules, and cynicism masked as realism.
In its highest vibrations, Capricorn energy represents bringing your personal gifts and ideals into the world through the role you play in your public life.
HARNESSING THE ENERGY OF THE NEW MOON:
New Moons are the time to set or refocus your intentions, making wishes for the future and even meditating on positive affirmations which support these developments. New Moon energy is the most potent time to ask the universe (or spirit) to support bringing your dreams into reality. Developing a personal New Moon practice or ritual to tap into this energy, you can consciously plant your energetic seeds for the future.
Before making your New Moon wishes and affirmations, reflect on all that you are grateful for in your life. You may even reflect on how you can let go of past grievances you are holding onto through a gesture of forgiveness. Allow yourself to let go of energetic attachments to the past so that you have more energy to focus on your intentions for the future.
This time is generally optimistic and ripe with powerful potential; take a moment to tune into the subtle energy of new beginnings with a sense of curiosity and excitement. This is a time to be willing to receive new opportunities that align with the greatest expressions of your gifts in the world.
Give yourself time to daydream or meditate on the ‘best possible outcomes’ for yourself, you may be surprised at what comes up! From this meditation, write down your New Moon wishes. These are the goals you are setting (or reaffirming) for yourself, whether personal, relationship, career, financial, family or otherwise. Once you have done that, go back over each one and feel the feeling of that wish coming true. Beside each wish, write a statement, in the present tense, which encapsulates how you will feel once the wish has come true.
You can also use the energy of the New Moon to ask for the ability to balance any shadow expressions of Scorpio energy, or to tap into the highest expressions of Scorpio vibes (see some suggestions for Scorpio New Moon wishes below!).
Awareness of how Scorpio energy is expressed for your personally through your natal chart can also to help guide you in setting your New Moon intentions. A personal reading can reveal these as well as other insights.
In the days following the New Moon, do what you love and invest your energy in what truly motivates you. Feel fully alive and know that you have the power to create positive changes in your life, whatever they may be.
WHY NEW MOON WISHING WORKS:
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe and through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you to make your wish come true. When you make a wish on the New Moon, the energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making – it gives your wish more power to manifest!
What to wish for when the New Moon is in Aquarius:
This month’s New Moon in Aquarius is a terrific time to wish for things like:
- New insights (being able to see things from a fresh new perspective)
- Intellectual ability, brilliance or the ability to generate big ideas
- Anything to do with technology and the internet
- Networking, new friend relationships, and expanding your circle of friends
- Feeling a greater sense of belonging in your peer group or another type or organization
- Operating from a larger worldview
- Overcoming an experience of feeling detached from others
- Ability to express unconventional ideas (to go ‘against the grain’)
- A greater sense of humor
- Inventive Solutions
- The ability to access ‘unseen truths’
- Being aware of and taking action for the ‘greater good’ or becoming more flexible
- Anything to do with Humanitarian causes
- Understanding ‘how things work’
- Anything to do with knowledge that is considered ‘New Age’ including Astrology, Tarot, Numerology etc.
- Anything to do with circulation, cramps and spasms, varicose veins, or ankles and calves
Private Consultations & Mentorship
Work with me one-on-one to explore your personal astrology or to take your learnings further.
Your experience of life is profoundly unique, with its own tension points and subtle nuance. The story of your chart, and how it describes that tension, is the key to unlocking your personal growth and healing.
Common Experiences during Mercury Retrograde
- Frustrations or confusion resulting from miscommunication
- Important information tends to be missing or ‘veiled’, especially related to plans, decisions, agreements (contracts) and financial commitments
- Plans are disrupted; unexpected detours
- You feel fatigued + more likely to back out of social commitments at the last minute
- Transportation blunders, breakdowns, delays etc.
- A focus on the past, which may involve working through something currently unresolved
- A focus inward; introspection and reflection
- Being in a state of receiving; heightened intuition
- Spontaneous inspiration leading to ‘magic moments’
- Unexpected opportunities and synchronicities come to you
- Travel (especially domestic or short distance)
- Transportation (vehicles, planes, trains & their schedules, etc)
- The transmission of ‘messages’ – In Greek mythology, Mercury was the messenger god.
In the Zodiac, Mercury rules Gemini and co-rules Virgo with Chiron.
‘Mini’ Astrology Reading: Personalized Guidance for 2021!
Understand the key energetic themes influencing you in 2021 and find out where you have the greatest potential for growth in the new year.
*Special Offer Ends Feb 28th*
Some ‘quick tips’ for flowing with Mercury retrograde vibes:
- Relax and trust that you don’t know what ‘ought’ to be
- Create extra time and space in your schedule for rest and self-care
- Look for the ‘silver lining’ when there are unexpected derailments to your plans, magical opportunities lie beneath the surface!
General Activities to avoid during retrograde!
- Making financial commitments or plans which are inflexible – making big purchases or locking yourself into plans that you cannot easily back out of without a financial penalty are all very risky during retrograde. Remember, key information is missing or hidden during retrograde and its shadow periods. This is also a time when unexpected events are more likely to arise, which can shift the assumptions underlying these commitments.
- Initiating New Long-Term Projects – Starting new projects such as beginning a new job or launching a new product or service through your business during Mercury retrograde typically lend themselves only to short-term prospects. So, if you want to launch a new long-term endeavor, plan to do it before or after the retrograde and shadow periods.
- Signing contracts – When you sign a contract, you do so with the assumption that all of the relevant facts and details are known – however during Mercury retrograde, remember that the chances are much higher that we do not have yet all of the relevant information!