Key transformational influences in Capricorn from 2018-2020 signal a period of tension and radical change related to your purpose, and the ways you experience success, leadership and integrity.
This overall period is challenging to embody your personal values in all areas of life.
Mars in Capricorn this February
Between Feb 16 – Mar 30, Mars brings its focus and drive to the sign of Capricorn, while also activating the longer-term transformational energies already present in this part of the zodiac.
As Capricorn energy represents authority figures, the influence of Mars can bring conflicts with anyone in your life from whom you seek (or are ‘expected’ to seek) approval. Note that Mars brings the potential to elevate tensions now, as it gives a voice to repressed desires and emotions.
Mars in Capricorn brings a strong work-ethic and strategic thinking which can be helpful for organizing your life around your long-term goals. At the same time, it is important to consider whether these goals, as well as the way in which they are being pursued, truly aligns to your purpose and core values.
Mars doesn’t meet up with Jupiter, Pluto or Saturn, the outer planet ‘titans’ , until March, but the influence of its co-presence in Capricorn, in combination with potentially restless and/or frustrating Mercury Retrograde vibes, will be gradually building as of mid-February. These energies bring potential developments connected with the recent Solar Eclipse in Capricorn and Lunar Eclipse in Cancer.
Capricorn energy is expressed through your pursuit of respect and recognition in the world. This energy rules your ambitions and who you are as a leader, as well as the rewards that come with accomplishment. It rules your idea of success itself.
Capricorn vibes represent discernment, precision and integrity in action. This archetype lives to play the game and does so with remarkable patience and self-discipline. It’s also highly strategic, instinctively recognizing and seizing opportunities. Shadow expressions to be mindful of will include shrewdness, emotional detachment, a prohibitive emphasis on rules, and cynicism masked as realism.
In its highest vibrations, Capricorn energy represents bringing your personal gifts and ideals into the world through the role you play in your public life.
Common Experiences during Mercury Retrograde
- Frustrations or confusion resulting from miscommunication
- Important information tends to be missing or ‘veiled’, especially related to plans, decisions, agreements (contracts) and financial commitments
- Plans are disrupted; unexpected detours
- You feel fatigued + more likely to back out of social commitments at the last minute
- Transportation blunders, breakdowns, delays etc.
- A focus on the past, which may involve working through something currently unresolved
- A focus inward; introspection and reflection
- Being in a state of receiving; heightened intuition
- Spontaneous inspiration leading to ‘magic moments’
- Unexpected opportunities and synchronicities come to you
- Travel (especially domestic or short distance)
- Transportation (vehicles, planes, trains & their schedules, etc)
- The transmission of ‘messages’ – In Greek mythology, Mercury was the messenger god.
In the Zodiac, Mercury rules Gemini and co-rules Virgo with Chiron.
‘Mini’ Astrology Reading: Personalized Guidance for 2021!
Understand the key energetic themes influencing you in 2021 and find out where you have the greatest potential for growth in the new year.
*Special Offer Ends Feb 28th*
Some ‘quick tips’ for flowing with Mercury retrograde vibes:
- Relax and trust that you don’t know what ‘ought’ to be
- Create extra time and space in your schedule for rest and self-care
- Look for the ‘silver lining’ when there are unexpected derailments to your plans, magical opportunities lie beneath the surface!
General Activities to avoid during retrograde!
- Making financial commitments or plans which are inflexible – making big purchases or locking yourself into plans that you cannot easily back out of without a financial penalty are all very risky during retrograde. Remember, key information is missing or hidden during retrograde and its shadow periods. This is also a time when unexpected events are more likely to arise, which can shift the assumptions underlying these commitments.
- Initiating New Long-Term Projects – Starting new projects such as beginning a new job or launching a new product or service through your business during Mercury retrograde typically lend themselves only to short-term prospects. So, if you want to launch a new long-term endeavor, plan to do it before or after the retrograde and shadow periods.
- Signing contracts – When you sign a contract, you do so with the assumption that all of the relevant facts and details are known – however during Mercury retrograde, remember that the chances are much higher that we do not have yet all of the relevant information!
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive an overview of astrological influences each month + other exclusive offerings!
Private Consultations & Mentorship
Work with me one-on-one to explore your personal astrology or to take your learnings further.
Your experience of life is profoundly unique, with its own tension points and subtle nuance. The story of your chart, and how it describes that tension, is the key to unlocking your personal growth and healing.