New Moons are a time for rebirth, new beginnings and new opportunities. Energetically, this time carries powerful potential for focusing your intentions, allowing you to plant the ‘seeds’ that will bring your dreams into reality.
Pisces is the ocean of consciousness created by the collective echos of all life that ever was, and ever will be, in every incarnation. It exists beyond the physical realm, or the confines of time. This Water sign represents experiencing life through the realm of emotion and intuition, bringing awareness that transcends the ‘seen’ world, or even language. Often the only way to move with strong Piscean vibes is to trust and flow.
Piscean energy can be highly creative and imaginative. It frequently expresses itself as empathy and selflessness – a strong sense of compassion for (literally ‘feeling with’) another person or group of people, to the point of potentially losing one’s individuality. This energy is constantly receiving and absorbing emotional energy – there is no ‘off’ switch; as a result, it can become ungrounded, unfocused and overwhelmed by sensory overload. Retreating from social interaction and ‘earthly’ drama is another common Piscean expression.
HARNESSING THE ENERGY OF THE NEW MOON:
New Moons are the time to set or refocus your intentions, making wishes for the future and even meditating on positive affirmations which support these developments. New Moon energy is the most potent time to ask the universe (or spirit) to support bringing your dreams into reality. Developing a personal New Moon practice or ritual to tap into this energy, you can consciously plant your energetic seeds for the future.
Before making your New Moon wishes and affirmations, reflect on all that you are grateful for in your life. You may even reflect on how you can let go of past grievances you are holding onto through a gesture of forgiveness. Allow yourself to let go of energetic attachments to the past so that you have more energy to focus on your intentions for the future.
This time is generally optimistic and ripe with powerful potential; take a moment to tune into the subtle energy of new beginnings with a sense of curiosity and excitement. This is a time to be willing to receive new opportunities that align with the greatest expressions of your gifts in the world.
Give yourself time to daydream or meditate on the ‘best possible outcomes’ for yourself, you may be surprised at what comes up! From this meditation, write down your New Moon wishes. These are the goals you are setting (or reaffirming) for yourself, whether personal, relationship, career, financial, family or otherwise. Once you have done that, go back over each one and feel the feeling of that wish coming true. Beside each wish, write a statement, in the present tense, which encapsulates how you will feel once the wish has come true.
You can also use the energy of the New Moon to ask for the ability to balance any shadow expressions of Pisces energy, or to tap into the highest expressions of Pisces vibes (see some suggestions for Pisces New Moon wishes below!).
Awareness of how the Pisces energy is expressed for your personally through your natal chart can also to help guide you in setting your New Moon intentions. A personal reading can reveal these as well as other insights.
In the days following the New Moon, do what you love and invest your energy in what truly motivates you. Feel fully alive and know that you have the power to create positive changes in your life, whatever they may be.
WHY NEW MOON WISHING WORKS:
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe and through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you to make your wish come true. When you make a wish on the New Moon, the energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making – it gives your wish more power to manifest!
The new moon will occur at 10:32am, eastern standard time on Sunday, February 23rd. Be sure to double check for the timing of the New Moon in your location!
WHAT TO WISH FOR WHEN THE NEW MOON IS IN PISCES:
Energies amplified by wishing on the New Moon in Pisces:
- Inner peace and spiritual healing
- Releasing feelings of helplessness or depression
- The ability to create energetic boundaries
- Accessing ones visions for inner happiness
- Imagination and creativity
- Connecting with others through artistic expression
- Heightened sense of awareness and perceptibility
- A feeling of connection with all living things
- Intuition or psychic sensitivity
- Compassion and the ability to forgive
- Letting go of escapism and being more present in the here and now
- Connecting with nature
- Kindness, empathy and gentleness
- Trusting in a higher power
- Being guided by a higher power in specific matters
- Connecting with the awareness of past cultures and civilizations
- Increased solitude in order to bring clarity
- Building a meditation practice or other contemplative practices
- Forgiveness from the divine, a release from guilt
- Greater tolerance and acceptance
- Letting go of rigid thinking, of judgement and of ‘absolute truths’
- Being more tolerant of oneself
- Letting go of addiction
- Getting clear on personal ideals
Private Consultations & Mentorship
Work with me one-on-one to explore your personal astrology or to take your learnings further.
Your experience of life is profoundly unique, with its own tension points and subtle nuance. The story of your chart, and how it describes that tension, is the key to unlocking your personal growth and healing.
Common Experiences during Mercury Retrograde
- Frustrations or confusion resulting from miscommunication
- Important information tends to be missing or ‘veiled’, especially related to plans, decisions, agreements (contracts) and financial commitments
- Plans are disrupted; unexpected detours
- You feel fatigued + more likely to back out of social commitments at the last minute
- Transportation blunders, breakdowns, delays etc.
- A focus on the past, which may involve working through something currently unresolved
- A focus inward; introspection and reflection
- Being in a state of receiving; heightened intuition
- Spontaneous inspiration leading to ‘magic moments’
- Unexpected opportunities and synchronicities come to you
- Travel (especially domestic or short distance)
- Transportation (vehicles, planes, trains & their schedules, etc)
- The transmission of ‘messages’ – In Greek mythology, Mercury was the messenger god.
In the Zodiac, Mercury rules Gemini and co-rules Virgo with Chiron.
‘Mini’ Astrology Reading: Personalized Guidance for 2021!
Understand the key energetic themes influencing you in 2021 and find out where you have the greatest potential for growth in the new year.
*Special Offer Ends Feb 28th*
Some ‘quick tips’ for flowing with Mercury retrograde vibes:
- Relax and trust that you don’t know what ‘ought’ to be
- Create extra time and space in your schedule for rest and self-care
- Look for the ‘silver lining’ when there are unexpected derailments to your plans, magical opportunities lie beneath the surface!
General Activities to avoid during retrograde!
- Making financial commitments or plans which are inflexible – making big purchases or locking yourself into plans that you cannot easily back out of without a financial penalty are all very risky during retrograde. Remember, key information is missing or hidden during retrograde and its shadow periods. This is also a time when unexpected events are more likely to arise, which can shift the assumptions underlying these commitments.
- Initiating New Long-Term Projects – Starting new projects such as beginning a new job or launching a new product or service through your business during Mercury retrograde typically lend themselves only to short-term prospects. So, if you want to launch a new long-term endeavor, plan to do it before or after the retrograde and shadow periods.
- Signing contracts – When you sign a contract, you do so with the assumption that all of the relevant facts and details are known – however during Mercury retrograde, remember that the chances are much higher that we do not have yet all of the relevant information!