Full Moon Vibes
Full Moons bring an energetic culmination that can manifest as things ‘coming to completion’ in your life. It can be a time for important personal realizations or the achievement of milestones. The heightened energy of the Full Moon also reveals where unconscious emotional experiences are provoking you to excesses or interfering with your sense of objectivity.
Use the energy of Full Moons to reflect on how you find balance between energies of the signs where the opposing Moon and the Sun are placed. Since the Moon rules your emotions, notice where fear or the desire for security are driving your behavior. The intensity we temporarily feel at the Full Moon increases our ability to gain understanding and self-awareness. They also draw our attention to negative behavior patterns and/or belief systems that are ready to heal.
Virgo energy represents order, responsibility, repair, efficiency and returning all things to their rightful place. It rules your day-to-day routine, and how you manage the details of your life according to your goals or overall purpose.
Virgo vibes rule all forms of metamorphosis in the physical realm which support the fulfillment a living being, or thing, in its destined calling. The actions expressed through Virgo energy include all forms of healing as well as acts of service. With Virgo energy, there is also often a high standard of excellence or a sense of pressure to attain perfection, which can lead to harsh judgement towards oneself or others.
Key Astrological Aspects Accompanying this Full Moon
- Sun conjunct Neptune in Pisces / Oppose Moon in Virgo
- Venus conjunct Uranus in Taurus
- Venus and Uranus trine South Node in Capricorn /sextile North Node in Cancer
- Mercury retrograde, stations direct later the same day
- Jupiter approaching conjunction to Pluto in Capricorn
Key themes of this Full Moon in Virgo
A big theme of this Virgo Full Moon is surrendering to a sense of uncertainty and/or loss of control resulting from inevitable change, whatever that means for you in your life. The Full Moon’s opposition to Neptune, conjunct the Sun, in Pisces brings up a strong opposition between the intuitive, trusting self (Pisces), and a desire (whether conscious or unconscious), to MAKE things happen for yourself by taking action proactively. The emotional trigger that will need to be checked, and balanced, is the fear of not doing enough.
Bringing balance to intense Virgo vibes during this Full Moon involves cultivating patience, tolerance and a sense of trust in divine order. Virgo energy tends to be actively engaged, however these vibes in combination with the peak of this winter’s Mercury retrograde cycle later that day signal strongly to slow down, focus on self-care and rejuvenation. Try doing less in order to accomplish more.
Venus conjunct Uranus calls you lean bravely into the unknown. You are being guided to rely on your intuition and subtle senses now, and you may also encounter unexpected opportunities as the energy of receiving is especially strong now. The Venus/Uranus conjunction is also activating the Lunar Nodal Axis through a sextile/trine relationship, which may help you to reflect on the core motivations which have been driving you lately.
Questions to ask with this Full Moon:
Are you being guided by love, or by fear?
Are you trying to control your situation, when you don’t necessarily even know that the actions you take lead to the outcome you are hoping for?
Are you resisting change because of what you are afraid you might lose?
2020 Virgo Full Moon
We feel the heightened energy of a Full Moon about 3 days before and after it occurs; I call this the Full Moon Power Period. Those who have their natal Sun, Moon, Ascendant or other key placements in the Power Period signs will feel the influence of this Full Moon most intensely.
- Mar 6th – 7th in Leo
- Mar 8th – 9th in Virgo
- Mar 10th – 11th in Libra
- Mar 12th in Scorpio
Download a copy of my 2020 Lunar Astrology Calendar for just $7!
Exaggerations or Shadows of Virgo Energy:
The Moon influences the emotions which guide our desires, decisions and needs. During the Full Moon, you are more susceptible to acting on these unconsciously.
Watch out for these excessive expressions of Virgo energy during the Full Moon:
- Perfectionism / Intolerance / Judging Harshly
- Controlling tendencies
- Trying to do too much for others
Tuning Into The Healing Energy of Full Moons
Being healed doesn’t mean that the pain never existed. It means you have evolved to a place where it no longer controls your life.
Working consciously with the energy of the Full Moon means that you can tap into its power to bring awareness to residual emotions from past experiences and/or self-limiting beliefs that may be operating beneath the level of conscious awareness. By consciously acknowledging these energies, you allow for the opportunity to cleanse and heal pain, grief or other traumas. During the Full Moon, your sensitivities are heightened – you are literally FEELING more intensely and the potential for healing can be accessed by leaning into and exploring the emotions that arise. Feeling is the first step towards healing. You can use the energy of the Full Moon to;
- Forgive yourself as well as others
- Release emotional emotional ‘charges’
- Integrate past experiences, acknowledging the associated lesson or wisdom and taking on a fresh perspective
- Evolve out of a victim mentality
- Gain a deeper understanding of the unconscious desires, fears or needs that drive your behavior
Common Experiences during Mercury Retrograde
- Frustrations or confusion resulting from miscommunication
- Important information tends to be missing or ‘veiled’, especially related to plans, decisions, agreements (contracts) and financial commitments
- Plans are disrupted; unexpected detours
- You feel fatigued + more likely to back out of social commitments at the last minute
- Transportation blunders, breakdowns, delays etc.
- A focus on the past, which may involve working through something currently unresolved
- A focus inward; introspection and reflection
- Being in a state of receiving; heightened intuition
- Spontaneous inspiration leading to ‘magic moments’
- Unexpected opportunities and synchronicities come to you
- Travel (especially domestic or short distance)
- Transportation (vehicles, planes, trains & their schedules, etc)
- The transmission of ‘messages’ – In Greek mythology, Mercury was the messenger god.
In the Zodiac, Mercury rules Gemini and co-rules Virgo with Chiron.
‘Mini’ Astrology Reading: Personalized Guidance for 2021!
Understand the key energetic themes influencing you in 2021 and find out where you have the greatest potential for growth in the new year.
*Special Offer Ends Feb 28th*
Some ‘quick tips’ for flowing with Mercury retrograde vibes:
- Relax and trust that you don’t know what ‘ought’ to be
- Create extra time and space in your schedule for rest and self-care
- Look for the ‘silver lining’ when there are unexpected derailments to your plans, magical opportunities lie beneath the surface!
General Activities to avoid during retrograde!
- Making financial commitments or plans which are inflexible – making big purchases or locking yourself into plans that you cannot easily back out of without a financial penalty are all very risky during retrograde. Remember, key information is missing or hidden during retrograde and its shadow periods. This is also a time when unexpected events are more likely to arise, which can shift the assumptions underlying these commitments.
- Initiating New Long-Term Projects – Starting new projects such as beginning a new job or launching a new product or service through your business during Mercury retrograde typically lend themselves only to short-term prospects. So, if you want to launch a new long-term endeavor, plan to do it before or after the retrograde and shadow periods.
- Signing contracts – When you sign a contract, you do so with the assumption that all of the relevant facts and details are known – however during Mercury retrograde, remember that the chances are much higher that we do not have yet all of the relevant information!
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive an overview of astrological influences each month + other exclusive offerings!
- Awareness is key to consciously moving through astrological transits and embracing the lessons they have to offer us on our journey towards greater personal development.
- Remember that everyone is feeling intense or exaggerated emotions right now and might be prone to more ‘irrational’ behavior – your compassion goes a long way!
- Be willing to embrace change and the gifts that may hide within something that is currently unknown
Private Consultations & Mentorship
Work with me one-on-one to explore your personal astrology or to take your learnings further.
Your experience of life is profoundly unique, with its own tension points and subtle nuance. The story of your chart, and how it describes that tension, is the key to unlocking your personal growth and healing.