It’s no surprise that a MAJOR theme of Astrology is (of course) timing! But as we learn to flow with Astrological ‘rhythms’ we learn when to wait, AND when to PLANT SEEDS! Using the energy of each New Moon to make wishes is an amazing way to consciously plant seeds for your future!
The New Moon symbolizes new beginnings and new developments. As it occurs in a different sign each month, it represents opportunities for growth in these areas of our lives.
The 2020 New Moon in Gemini will occur at 9:39am EST. This New Moon will occur on the cusp to Taurus, and so you can also tune into Taurus energy as you perform this month’s manifesting rituals!
Gemini vibes are clever, quick-witted, social and spontaneous! This energy rules communication and those with strong Gemini energy in their natal charts are often charming, persuasive and adaptable. It also rules relationships between siblings, neighbors and friends. Gemini vibes rule research, learning and teaching, while bringing resourcefulness and an open mind to new perspectives. This energy is often ‘busy’ or on-the-go and has a vast capacity for multitasking; it also rules decision-making, transportation and short-distance travel.
WHAT TO WISH FOR WHEN THE NEW MOON IS IN GEMINI:
The New Moon in Gemini is especially supportive of wishing for things like:
- Learning or teaching opportunities, especially through the internet
- Learning with more ease
- Cleverness, quick thinking
- The ability to see things more logically
- Mobility, especially domestic travel or other short trips
- More ease in social situations; tact, wittiness and social graces
- Support for interactions with siblings, roommates, schoolmates or neighbors
- Making new friends
- The ability to express ones ideas more clearly and succinctly
- Support for writing, blogging, speaking or teaching
- Feeling more calm and reducing mental anxiety
- A release from feeling restless
- Support for making decisions; seeing all of the options more clearly and feeling confident in making choices
- Effective listening
- Support for research or for being more resourceful, finding good sources of information and talking to the right people
- Flexibility; accepting new ideas and seeing others’ points of view
- Being more honest and saying what you mean without feeling burdened by trying to please everyone else
- Releasing fickle or superficial behavior
- Success in projects or other endeavors which are short term
- Being more present and enjoying the moment
HARNESSING THE ENERGY OF THE NEW MOON:
New Moons are the time to set or refocus your intentions, making wishes for the future and even meditating on positive affirmations which support these developments. New Moon energy is the most potent time to ask the universe (or spirit) to support bringing your dreams into reality. Developing a personal New Moon practice or ritual to tap into this energy, you can consciously plant your energetic seeds for the future.
Before making your New Moon wishes and affirmations, reflect on all that you are grateful for in your life. You may even reflect on how you can let go of past grievances you are holding onto through a gesture of forgiveness. Allow yourself to let go of energetic attachments to the past so that you have more energy to focus on your intentions for the future.
This time is generally optimistic and ripe with powerful potential; take a moment to tune into the subtle energy of new beginnings with a sense of curiosity and excitement. This is a time to be willing to receive new opportunities that align with the greatest expressions of your gifts in the world.
Give yourself time to daydream or meditate on the ‘best possible outcomes’ for yourself, you may be surprised at what comes up! From this meditation, write down your New Moon wishes. These are the goals you are setting (or reaffirming) for yourself, whether personal, relationship, career, financial, family or otherwise. Once you have done that, go back over each one and feel the feeling of that wish coming true. Beside each wish, write a statement, in the present tense, which encapsulates how you will feel once the wish has come true.
Awareness of how the the energy of the New Moon is expressed for your personally through your natal chart can also to help guide you in setting your New Moon intentions. A personal reading can reveal these as well as other insights.
In the days following the New Moon, do what you love and invest your energy in what truly motivates you. Feel fully alive and know that you have the power to create positive changes in your life, whatever they may be.
WHY NEW MOON WISHING WORKS:
Understanding astrology means learning to flow with astrological rhythms and taking advantage of Astrological Power Periods that can assist with manifesting your dreams! Each new moon is a special time to ask the universe for support for your desires for the future.
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe and through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you to make your wish come true. When you make a wish on the New Moon, the energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making – it gives your wish more power to manifest!
Common Experiences during Mercury Retrograde
- Frustrations or confusion resulting from miscommunication
- Important information tends to be missing or ‘veiled’, especially related to plans, decisions, agreements (contracts) and financial commitments
- Plans are disrupted; unexpected detours
- You feel fatigued + more likely to back out of social commitments at the last minute
- Transportation blunders, breakdowns, delays etc.
- A focus on the past, which may involve working through something currently unresolved
- A focus inward; introspection and reflection
- Being in a state of receiving; heightened intuition
- Spontaneous inspiration leading to ‘magic moments’
- Unexpected opportunities and synchronicities come to you
- Travel (especially domestic or short distance)
- Transportation (vehicles, planes, trains & their schedules, etc)
- The transmission of ‘messages’ – In Greek mythology, Mercury was the messenger god.
In the Zodiac, Mercury rules Gemini and co-rules Virgo with Chiron.
‘Mini’ Astrology Reading: Personalized Guidance for 2021!
Understand the key energetic themes influencing you in 2021 and find out where you have the greatest potential for growth in the new year.
*Special Offer Ends Feb 28th*
Some ‘quick tips’ for flowing with Mercury retrograde vibes:
- Relax and trust that you don’t know what ‘ought’ to be
- Create extra time and space in your schedule for rest and self-care
- Look for the ‘silver lining’ when there are unexpected derailments to your plans, magical opportunities lie beneath the surface!
General Activities to avoid during retrograde!
- Making financial commitments or plans which are inflexible – making big purchases or locking yourself into plans that you cannot easily back out of without a financial penalty are all very risky during retrograde. Remember, key information is missing or hidden during retrograde and its shadow periods. This is also a time when unexpected events are more likely to arise, which can shift the assumptions underlying these commitments.
- Initiating New Long-Term Projects – Starting new projects such as beginning a new job or launching a new product or service through your business during Mercury retrograde typically lend themselves only to short-term prospects. So, if you want to launch a new long-term endeavor, plan to do it before or after the retrograde and shadow periods.
- Signing contracts – When you sign a contract, you do so with the assumption that all of the relevant facts and details are known – however during Mercury retrograde, remember that the chances are much higher that we do not have yet all of the relevant information!
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive an overview of astrological influences each month + other exclusive offerings!
Private Consultations & Mentorship
Work with me one-on-one to explore your personal astrology or to take your learnings further.
Your experience of life is profoundly unique, with its own tension points and subtle nuance. The story of your chart, and how it describes that tension, is the key to unlocking your personal growth and healing.