The June 2020 Lunar Eclipse Full Moon occurs at 15º34 Sagittarius on Friday, June 5th, 11:13am EST.
FREE LIVE DISCUSSION – Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Sagittarius
Wednesday, June 3rd, 2020
1pm EST / 11am MST
FREE! Access via Facebook or Zoom – Must Register to receive Zoom Login
INTRODUCTION: THE ‘BIG PICTURE’
The astrology of 2020 points to a pivotal time of intense transformation, power-struggles and resistance. I discussed some of these themes in an Astrology of the Coronavirus & COVID-19 live-stream video that I shared this past March, as well as in my Astrology of 2020 Webinar: Epic Cycles of Change & Renewal, which is now available for download. You can also find out more by checking out these additional blog articles;
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE MAJOR ASTROLOGICAL THEMES OF 2020
The Lunar Nodes
The Lunar Nodes operate as ‘guideposts’ on our personal and collective evolutionary journey. They identify the themes that are a key focus in support of your growth and maturity throughout your life.
Eclipses work hand-in-hand with the Lunar Nodes. The evolutionary messages of the Lunar Nodes are reinforced at each Solar and Lunar Eclipse, and the Eclipses typically align to the same ‘zodiac axis’ that the Nodes are activating.
As the Lunar Nodes shifted from the Capricorn/Cancer axis, onto the Sagittarius/Gemini axis in April 2020, this summer’s eclipses are triggering the activation of the Sagittarius/Gemini axis for the first time in ~9 years.
This summer’s Eclipse season is special because there are going to be three Eclipses over a 1-month period (usually there are only 2). Following the Lunar Eclipse in Sagittarius on June 5th, there will be a second Lunar Eclipse on July 4th, the last on the Capricorn/Cancer axis.
Lunar Eclipses occur approximately every 6 months, when the earth is directly in line with an opposing Sun and Moon (during a Full Moon). Each Eclipse season triggers an energetic shift that will set the tone for the next ~6 months.
Eclipses generally involve unexpected changes, new opportunities, transformation and the beginning of new chapters in relationships.
Although they may bring radical, unexpected or seemingly unwelcome change, Eclipses trigger important ‘course corrections’ that jolt you back on track wherever you have strayed from your destined path. The Summer 2020 eclipse season started around late April and will continue until late August.
The energy of the Full Moon at the time of the Eclipse brings elements of life to a point of culmination and/or release. Full Moons bring about key decisions, personal revelations, communication breakthroughs, shifts in relationships, endings and/or transformation.
Like all Full Moons, Lunar Eclipses can stir up intense internal conflicts, resulting in impulsive acts or emotional outbursts. They are especially dramatic when you have been resisting a necessary change or avoiding the acknowledgement of a difficult truth – there is a subconscious urge to set free what is being suppressed. At the same time, the experiences and insights triggered by each Full Moon enable you to gain valuable self-awareness and perspective.
Full Moons can also reveal ‘blindspots’, such as addictive tendencies, unconscious fears or unintegrated traumas from the past. You can tune into how energy is manifesting in your own experience by noticing where fear or the desire for security are driving your behavior, often ‘irrationally’ (this is where the term ‘Full Moon Madness’ comes from!) At the same time, as we peer into the face of our own shadow side, we also have the opportunity to neutralize unconscious triggers and behavior patterns that no longer serve us. Consciously working with the energy of the Full Moon, you may release and heal grievances, resentment and old wounds.
The Lunar Eclipse in Sagittarius
Sagittarius has an enthusiastic passion for life and is the luckiest, most optimistic sign of the zodiac. This energy is independent, spontaneous and joyful, with a true lust for adventure. It’s the archetype of the free-spirit, who laughs in the face of risk and lives life perpetually ‘on the edge’.
Sagittarius loves to learn and gain wisdom through hands-on experience. These vibes rule travel, languages, history, universities (anything related to ‘higher learning’), public speaking, philosophy and religion. In the Vedic tradition, Sagittarius is known as the wise man or Guru; those with strong Sag vibes in their birth chart often posses wisdom beyond their years.
Sagittarius energy represents a deeply intuitive understanding of the human experience. It perceives our ultimate ‘oneness’ beyond superficial borders and distinctions. These vibes rule ‘the big picture’, our connection to the divine and esoteric truths.
General Themes of the Full Moon in Sagittarius
- Positivity, Luck and Optimism – Sagittarius is the optimist of the zodiac and tends to have luck on its side. This energy naturally embraces the silver lining in any challenging situation or setback. If you tend to be the pessimistic sort, this Sag Full Moon can help you to tune into a more optimistic outlook on life.
- Adventure and Expanding Your Horizons – Sagittarius rules travel, culture and the experience of learning about life through hands-on experiences; soaking up the ‘juice’ of life, testing your boundaries, and living on the edge. These vibes take us away from the theoretical and into a ‘hands on’ experience of life.
- Solitude, Inner Wisdom and Divine Truth – You may find greater comfort in solitude now, and tune into your ability to access intuitive wisdom more readily.
- Trusting your Intuition vs. Double Checking the Facts – Sagittarius brings the gift of understanding the ‘truths’ of the world, especially the truth that our ‘oneness’ transcends cultural, national, gender, or other superficial divisions. At the same time however, this Eclipse will point out where Sagittarius vibes are being exaggerated and need to be brought into balance. This will involve being reminded to keep an open mind, to listen, to stay curious and be willing to explore new ideas and perspectives.
Other Astrological Influences during this Lunar Eclipse
- Jupiter conjunct Pluto in Capricorn
- Recognizing how ‘power’ functions in your life, both on an personal and collective level. Learning to use personal power more responsibly and overcoming abuser/victim dynamics in relationships.
- Deep introspection and transformation. Pluto rules the dark inward journeys we must take in order to truly heal and know who we are.
- Jupiter’s expansive influence will both amplify and exaggerate the energy of Pluto, bringing charged focus, clarity, awareness, urgency, anger, and righteousness.
- Sun conjunct Venus retrograde in Gemini
- This transit may bring up the issue of shame and awareness to how you may be compensating for a sense of low self-worth. There are many ways that this can show up according to each individual.
- Resistance to new ideas, the desire to stay in the comfort zone of your personal beliefs and biases.
- Confronting the need to improve communication skills – listening, choosing words carefully, and non-violent communication
- Mars and Neptune in Pisces in a ‘T-Square’ to the Full Moon
- This can intensify the experience of the Lunar Eclipse with emotions such as fear, depression, guilt, as well as confusion and feeling overwhelmed.
- You may be challenged to face the situations, relationships and/or emotions that trigger you into destructive/addictive habits, and/or escape from reality. There is an opportunity to acknowledge and overcome defenses which have been damaging to your wellbeing and/or your relationships.
- Reflect now on how you can incorporate gentle kindness, compassion, and radical acceptance into your ways of being in the world.
Tuning Into The Healing Energy of Full Moons
Being healed doesn’t mean that the pain never existed. It means you have evolved to a place where it no longer controls your life.
Working consciously with the energy of the Full Moon means that you can tap into its power to bring awareness to residual emotions from past experiences and/or self-limiting beliefs that may be operating beneath the level of conscious awareness. By consciously acknowledging these energies, you allow for the opportunity to cleanse and heal pain, grief or other traumas. During the Full Moon, your sensitivities are heightened – you are literally FEELING more intensely and the potential for healing can be accessed by leaning into and exploring the emotions that arise. Feeling is the first step towards healing. You can use the energy of the Full Moon to;
- Forgive yourself as well as others
- Release emotional emotional ‘charges’
- Integrate past experiences, acknowledging the associated lesson or wisdom and taking on a fresh perspective
- Evolve out of a victim mentality
- Gain a deeper understanding of the unconscious desires, fears or needs that drive your behavior
2020 Sagittarius Lunar Eclipse/Full Moon
We feel the heightened energy of a Full Moon about 3 days before and after it occurs; I call this the Full Moon Power Period.
Those who have their natal Sun, Moon, Ascendant or other key placements in the Power Period signs will feel the influence of this Full Moon Lunar Eclipse most intensely.
- Jun 2nd-4th in Scorpio
- Jun 4th-6th in Sagittarius
- Jun 6th-8th in Capricorn
For all astrological signs, the effects of an Eclipse can start to be felt 4 to 6 weeks leading up to (or following) the actual event. The Eclipse also triggers an energetic shift that continues to influence us for 6 months. The precise influence of the Lunar Eclipse is different for each individual, depending on their personal natal chart. A reading of your natal and transit charts for the time of the Eclipse will reveal more specific insights
Exaggerations or Shadows of Sagittarius Energy:
The Moon influences the emotions that guide our needs, desires and decisions. With the heightened energetic influence of the Full Moon as well as the co-presence of the Full Moon with the South Node in Sagittarius, it’s important to watch out these excessive expressions:
- Risk-taking / excessive optimism / recklessness
- Anger, impatience, aggression and/or closed-mindedness during confrontations with others; self-righteousness
- Insensitivity towards others
- Oversimplifying or making assumptions
- Intolerance of others’ ideas and opinions
Bringing Full Moon vibes into Balance
Opposing the sign of the Full Moon, the Sun, Venus and the North Node will be in Gemini. Tapping into the Full Moon’s opposing archetypal energy can help you balance your experience and bring awareness to how the Full Moon is influencing your emotional triggers, reactions and/or fears.
Tuning into Gemini Vibes
Gemini vibes rule research, learning and teaching, while bringing resourcefulness and an open mind to new perspectives, as well as;
- Adopting an easy-going nature, observing and adapting to what’s present in the moment
- Focus on learning through dialogue with others – listening, asking questions, sharing and synthesizing ideas
- Curiosity and flexibility
- Attention to detail and nuance
- Playful exploration
- Awareness is key to consciously moving through astrological transits and embracing the lessons they have to offer us on our journey towards greater personal development.
- Remember that everyone is feeling intense or exaggerated emotions right now and might be prone to more ‘irrational’ behavior – your compassion goes a long way!
- Be willing to embrace change and the gifts that may hide within something that is currently unknown
Common Experiences during Mercury Retrograde
- Frustrations or confusion resulting from miscommunication
- Important information tends to be missing or ‘veiled’, especially related to plans, decisions, agreements (contracts) and financial commitments
- Plans are disrupted; unexpected detours
- You feel fatigued + more likely to back out of social commitments at the last minute
- Transportation blunders, breakdowns, delays etc.
- A focus on the past, which may involve working through something currently unresolved
- A focus inward; introspection and reflection
- Being in a state of receiving; heightened intuition
- Spontaneous inspiration leading to ‘magic moments’
- Unexpected opportunities and synchronicities come to you
- Travel (especially domestic or short distance)
- Transportation (vehicles, planes, trains & their schedules, etc)
- The transmission of ‘messages’ – In Greek mythology, Mercury was the messenger god.
In the Zodiac, Mercury rules Gemini and co-rules Virgo with Chiron.
‘Mini’ Astrology Reading: Personalized Guidance for 2021!
Understand the key energetic themes influencing you in 2021 and find out where you have the greatest potential for growth in the new year.
*Special Offer Ends Feb 28th*
Some ‘quick tips’ for flowing with Mercury retrograde vibes:
- Relax and trust that you don’t know what ‘ought’ to be
- Create extra time and space in your schedule for rest and self-care
- Look for the ‘silver lining’ when there are unexpected derailments to your plans, magical opportunities lie beneath the surface!
General Activities to avoid during retrograde!
- Making financial commitments or plans which are inflexible – making big purchases or locking yourself into plans that you cannot easily back out of without a financial penalty are all very risky during retrograde. Remember, key information is missing or hidden during retrograde and its shadow periods. This is also a time when unexpected events are more likely to arise, which can shift the assumptions underlying these commitments.
- Initiating New Long-Term Projects – Starting new projects such as beginning a new job or launching a new product or service through your business during Mercury retrograde typically lend themselves only to short-term prospects. So, if you want to launch a new long-term endeavor, plan to do it before or after the retrograde and shadow periods.
- Signing contracts – When you sign a contract, you do so with the assumption that all of the relevant facts and details are known – however during Mercury retrograde, remember that the chances are much higher that we do not have yet all of the relevant information!
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive an overview of astrological influences each month + other exclusive offerings!
Private Consultations & Mentorship
Work with me one-on-one to explore your personal astrology or to take your learnings further.
Your experience of life is profoundly unique, with its own tension points and subtle nuance. The story of your chart, and how it describes that tension, is the key to unlocking your personal growth and healing.