“If we can acknowledge our fear, we can realize that right now we are okay. Right now, today, we are still alive, and our bodies are working marvelously. Our eyes can still see the beautiful sky. Our ears can still hear the voices of our loved ones.“ Tich Nat Hanh
FULL MOON VIBES
Full Moons bring an energetic culmination that can manifest as elements of your life reaching a new stage of maturity. It can be a time for important time for breaking through barriers, or perceived limitations to realize your full potential.
The heightened energy of the Full Moon also reveals where unconscious emotions are provoking you to excess and/or interfering with objectivity. Deeply held fears and other traumas may come to the surface to be examined, integrated and healed now.
Tune into feelings of tension or pressure that present themselves, as you can gain valuable insight by exploring the root fear or desire for security underlying these experiences. You may need to resolve an internal conflict by giving voice to a deeply felt truth, perhaps even acknowledging something you have forgotten or kept hidden. Full Moons are a powerful time to release that which no longer serves your highest good.
KEY THEMES OF THIS FULL MOON
- The courage to speak truth even when its controversial
- Emotional detachment / alienation vs. free expression of self
- Developing a greater sense of confidence in yourself and your value
- ‘Out of the box’ perspectives leading to innovation and genius ideas
- Taking risks in order to live life more fully
- Tapping into a greater sense of joy
- Healing old wounds which have been manifesting as anger and/or fear of failure
Aquarius energy is distinctively unconventional, rebellious and independent. It represents breaking away from traditional ways of thinking, as well as the REDISCOVERY of ancient wisdom. It’s focused on the ‘big picture’ and issues we face collectively as a society.
The Full Moon in Aquarius presents wonderful opportunities for stepping up and speaking your truth and for out-of-the-box ingenuity that can bring solutions to long-standing challenges. This energy brings a breath of fresh air if you are willing to embrace the radical new.
Aquarius rules eccentricity and pure individuality. This Full Moon celebrates authenticity and free expression of uniqueness, quirks and idiosyncrasies. Aquarius also rules the connections you form with those in your community, and especially with those who share similar interests and ideals. This can be a wonderful time for networking and collaborating.
As an Air element sign, Aquarius takes an intellectual approach to life and possesses the gift of being able to take an objective look at relationships without being caught up by emotions, or past baggage. Aquarius evaluates what is present in the here and now according to an individualistic ideology. This Full Moon can bring the potential to take a step back from attachment to outcome, attachment to the past and attachment to the notion of how you want to be seen by others.
Mercury in Cancer opposing both Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn points to the need to resolve any ways you may be suppressing yourself for the sake of preserving a certain persona or to meet expectations associated with social status and reputation. This is an important time for tuning into your core values and ideals to ensure that you are living in alignment with your true self. You may be called to step out of your comfort zone in some way to pursue a more courageous approach towards life. This polarity activation has been core to the astrology of 2020 overall.
There are powerful activations of Fire energy in the second half of 2020, being triggered by the transit of Mars through its ruling sign of Aries, which extends from late June 2020 until January 2021. Fire energy will be reinforced later this month by a Grand Trine, which will be strong during the New Moon in Leo. Also, as we’re already under the influence of the Pre-Mars Retrograde Shadow Period, this Full Moon is already activating some of the themes of the 5-month retrograde cycle. Mars is calling you to become more aware of how anger, the desire for freedom are influencing your behavior. It is calling your attention to the ways in which you express your personal power.
Anger and alienation are both key themes influencing this Full Moon. Strong activations in the sign of Aries by Eris, Chiron, Lilith and Mars, and with Chiron in a trine to the Sun, as well as sextile to the Moon point to a greater understanding of the ways in which anger and self-doubt or fear of rejection may have guided you over time towards self-isolation. It calls you to reconnect with the fire in the heart, with your anger but also your desire to give and receive love whole-heartedly.
OTHER ASTROLOGICAL ACTIVATIONS
- Full Moon square Uranus in Taurus
- Calls for exploration, a playful approach, and being led by curiosity
- This can represent attachment to structure or stubbornness as well as a potential ‘blindspot’ – something that is influencing your current circumstance without being fully understood.
- Calls for a radical shift in perspective or even breaking the rules
- Sun in Leo Trine Chiron retrograde in Aries
- Can create greater sensitivity to your sense of self-image and the need to be accepted by others
- Brings up issues around worthiness and self-confidence
- Opportunity to explore areas of self-doubt
- Venus, conjunct the North Node in Gemini
- Strong emphasis and encouragement to stay present and let go of the past
- A calling for open-mindedness, flexibility and light-heartedness
- Spontaneous opportunities
- Mercury in Cancer oppose Saturn in Capricorn
- Letting go of being held back by notions of scarcity
- Being led by the heart in your words and actions
- Standing up to figures of authority and/or those who have a controlling force in your life
EXAGGERATIONS OR ‘SHADOWS’ OF AQUARIUS ENERGY
The Moon influences the emotions which guide our desires, decisions and needs. With the heightened energetic influence of the Full Moon, it’s important to watch out these excessive expressions:
- Low self-confidence
- Emotional detachment; avoiding a personal connection with others
- Rigid thinking, over-analyzing or over-strategizing
- Withholding authentic or warm-hearted expressions
Full Moons Are All About Balance
Tapping into the Full Moon’s opposing archetypal energy can help bring perspective and awareness to how the Full Moon is influencing your emotional triggers, reactions and fears.
Tuning Into Leo Vibes
Leo vibes are truly warm-hearted and fun-loving! With the Sun as this sign’s ruler, Leo energy is about being SEEN, admired and loved in your most authentic light – bask in it! These vibes represent your playful, creative side and expressing emotions and desires in big, dramatic, passionate, generous and/or romantic ways. These vibes also represent your own inner child and the instinctive desire for love and acceptance, which may need to be acknowledged with a sense of compassion.
FULL MOON POWER PERIOD:
We feel the heightened energy of a Full Moon about 3 days before and after it occurs; I call this the Full Moon Power Period. Those who have their natal Sun, Moon, Ascendant or other key placements in the Power Period signs will feel the influence of this Full Moon most intensely.
I’ve created a 2020 Lunar Astrology Calendar which shows the daily sign activation of the Moon giving the sign activations for each month’s Full Moon Power Period. Order your copy today for just $7!
Personalized Lunar Astrology Reports: 1 & 3-Month Views Available
Receive detailed personalized insights for working consciously with Lunar cycles!
Includes a copy of your natal chart, combined with the astrological alignments for each month’s Full and New Moons, plus;
- Description of the primary energies being activated each month
- Key astrological activations in your personal natal chart + personalized notes
- Monthly Full Moon ‘Power Period’ dates and sign activations, and more!
Tuning Into The Healing Energy of Full Moons
Being healed doesn’t mean that the pain never existed. It means you have evolved to a place where it no longer controls your life.
Working consciously with the energy of the Full Moon means that you can tap into its power to bring awareness to residual emotions from past experiences and/or self-limiting beliefs that may be operating beneath the level of conscious awareness. By consciously acknowledging these energies, you allow for the opportunity to cleanse and heal pain, grief or other traumas. During the Full Moon, your sensitivities are heightened – you are literally FEELING more intensely and the potential for healing can be accessed by leaning into and exploring the emotions that arise. Feeling is the first step towards healing. You can use the energy of the Full Moon to;
- Forgive yourself as well as others
- Release emotional ‘charges’
- Integrate past experiences, acknowledging the associated lesson or wisdom and taking on a fresh perspective
- Evolve out of a victim mentality
- Gain a deeper understanding of the unconscious desires, fears or needs that drive your behavior
Common Experiences during Mercury Retrograde
- Frustrations or confusion resulting from miscommunication
- Important information tends to be missing or ‘veiled’, especially related to plans, decisions, agreements (contracts) and financial commitments
- Plans are disrupted; unexpected detours
- You feel fatigued + more likely to back out of social commitments at the last minute
- Transportation blunders, breakdowns, delays etc.
- A focus on the past, which may involve working through something currently unresolved
- A focus inward; introspection and reflection
- Being in a state of receiving; heightened intuition
- Spontaneous inspiration leading to ‘magic moments’
- Unexpected opportunities and synchronicities come to you
- Travel (especially domestic or short distance)
- Transportation (vehicles, planes, trains & their schedules, etc)
- The transmission of ‘messages’ – In Greek mythology, Mercury was the messenger god.
In the Zodiac, Mercury rules Gemini and co-rules Virgo with Chiron.
‘Mini’ Astrology Reading: Personalized Guidance for 2021!
Understand the key energetic themes influencing you in 2021 and find out where you have the greatest potential for growth in the new year.
*Special Offer Ends Feb 28th*
Some ‘quick tips’ for flowing with Mercury retrograde vibes:
- Relax and trust that you don’t know what ‘ought’ to be
- Create extra time and space in your schedule for rest and self-care
- Look for the ‘silver lining’ when there are unexpected derailments to your plans, magical opportunities lie beneath the surface!
General Activities to avoid during retrograde!
- Making financial commitments or plans which are inflexible – making big purchases or locking yourself into plans that you cannot easily back out of without a financial penalty are all very risky during retrograde. Remember, key information is missing or hidden during retrograde and its shadow periods. This is also a time when unexpected events are more likely to arise, which can shift the assumptions underlying these commitments.
- Initiating New Long-Term Projects – Starting new projects such as beginning a new job or launching a new product or service through your business during Mercury retrograde typically lend themselves only to short-term prospects. So, if you want to launch a new long-term endeavor, plan to do it before or after the retrograde and shadow periods.
- Signing contracts – When you sign a contract, you do so with the assumption that all of the relevant facts and details are known – however during Mercury retrograde, remember that the chances are much higher that we do not have yet all of the relevant information!
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive an overview of astrological influences each month + other exclusive offerings!
Private Consultations & Mentorship
Work with me one-on-one to explore your personal astrology or to take your learnings further.
Your experience of life is profoundly unique, with its own tension points and subtle nuance. The story of your chart, and how it describes that tension, is the key to unlocking your personal growth and healing.