Uranus joining six other outer planets in retrograde this weekend reinforces a theme of deep introspection that has been continuing since May of this year and which is a strong theme for 2020 – wow!
Uranus retrograde points to awakening of consciousness, which can sometimes be shocking or unsettling.
The energy of planet Uranus ultimately rules liberation, new ways of thinking, innovation, raw authenticity, and alignment to core values. When Uranian energy is strong, rules are questioned, authority figures are challenged and arbitrary structures and/or beliefs are dismantled.
As Uranus enters its 5-month long retrograde phase, its energy is more focused on how you see the world around you, as well as what you are carrying with you from past experiences. Where do you need to release self-limiting perceptions? How is fear of the unknown holding you back from taking a risk or expressing the authentic spark that is YOU? What truths need to be fully acknowledged and/or spoken now?
The energy of Uranus retrograde (until January 2021) will allow you to tune into your deepest sources of strength, courage and perseverance, with greater awareness to your own value and worth. It will call you to examine deep-seated fear, and can support you in healing sources of insecurity. It will also call you to question what you think you need to feel secure and/or safe – and can in turn lead you to let go of attachments to ‘old comforts’.
Uranus in retrograde can help you to break away from old habits and/or traditions. It can tune you into instincts and impulses that you tend to deny yourself. It can open you up to new perspectives and make you more aware of your own core ideals. Uranus retrograde in Taurus may prompt you to slow down and appreciate the sweetness of life more fully, and it can awaken you to a more profound love for all life and nature.
Common Experiences during Mercury Retrograde
- Frustrations or confusion resulting from miscommunication
- Important information tends to be missing or ‘veiled’, especially related to plans, decisions, agreements (contracts) and financial commitments
- Plans are disrupted; unexpected detours
- You feel fatigued + more likely to back out of social commitments at the last minute
- Transportation blunders, breakdowns, delays etc.
- A focus on the past, which may involve working through something currently unresolved
- A focus inward; introspection and reflection
- Being in a state of receiving; heightened intuition
- Spontaneous inspiration leading to ‘magic moments’
- Unexpected opportunities and synchronicities come to you
- Travel (especially domestic or short distance)
- Transportation (vehicles, planes, trains & their schedules, etc)
- The transmission of ‘messages’ – In Greek mythology, Mercury was the messenger god.
In the Zodiac, Mercury rules Gemini and co-rules Virgo with Chiron.
‘Mini’ Astrology Reading: Personalized Guidance for 2021!
Understand the key energetic themes influencing you in 2021 and find out where you have the greatest potential for growth in the new year.
*Special Offer Ends Feb 28th*
Some ‘quick tips’ for flowing with Mercury retrograde vibes:
- Relax and trust that you don’t know what ‘ought’ to be
- Create extra time and space in your schedule for rest and self-care
- Look for the ‘silver lining’ when there are unexpected derailments to your plans, magical opportunities lie beneath the surface!
General Activities to avoid during retrograde!
- Making financial commitments or plans which are inflexible – making big purchases or locking yourself into plans that you cannot easily back out of without a financial penalty are all very risky during retrograde. Remember, key information is missing or hidden during retrograde and its shadow periods. This is also a time when unexpected events are more likely to arise, which can shift the assumptions underlying these commitments.
- Initiating New Long-Term Projects – Starting new projects such as beginning a new job or launching a new product or service through your business during Mercury retrograde typically lend themselves only to short-term prospects. So, if you want to launch a new long-term endeavor, plan to do it before or after the retrograde and shadow periods.
- Signing contracts – When you sign a contract, you do so with the assumption that all of the relevant facts and details are known – however during Mercury retrograde, remember that the chances are much higher that we do not have yet all of the relevant information!
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive an overview of astrological influences each month + other exclusive offerings!
Follow Namastrology online for DAY-TO-DAY ASTROLOGICAL INSIGHTS!
By understanding astrological patterns and cycles YOU can learn to flow more easily with astrological ‘seasons’!
PERSONALIZED ‘MINI READINGS’ FOR MARS RETROGRADE
There is so much more to say about Mars Retrograde, and understanding how a specific transit will influence you personally depends on your unique birth chart.
Until December 15th, I am offering a ‘mini’ Mars Retrograde reading that allows you to ask a question and receive specific insights about how Mars Retrograde is influencing YOU personally.
Private Consultations & Mentorship
Work with me one-on-one to explore your personal astrology or to take your learnings further.
Your experience of life is profoundly unique, with its own tension points and subtle nuance. The story of your chart, and how it describes that tension, is the key to unlocking your personal growth and healing.