New Moons are a time for rebirth, new beginnings and new opportunities. Energetically, this time carries powerful potential for focusing your intentions, allowing you to bring your dreams into reality.
The 2020 Libra New Moon will occur at 3:31pm EST on Friday, October 16th, 2020, at 23º.
Libra as the Cardinal Air sign represents awareness – our awareness of the intellectual experience; our state of mind and the ideas or opinions of others. Libra energy naturally employs diplomacy and compromise to achieve a sense of harmony – the scales of justice associated with this sign symbolize balance, with each party receiving ‘an equal share’. Libra energy is often expressed through cooperation, accommodating the needs of others, listening and co-creating to realize shared goals. This energy rules partnerships (the healthy balance of give and take) and is often associated with romantic relationships.
Ruled by Venus, Libra vibes are often focused on creating subtle beauty and aesthetic. This energy senses what’s present and gently responds with supportive contributions. Libra vibes also rule your own experience of peace and calm. With this energy, there is a strong desire to establish harmony in the outer world as a way of encouraging peace within the mind.
The Libra season is a time for objectivity, acceptance and making adjustments that (re)establish balance in your life. Libra energy does not cling to the past, or hold on that which has outgrown its usefulness. Like the leaves falling from the trees, you can also use this time to let go, lightly, with a sense of trust that you will not compromise what is truly essential or authentic. You can also use the energy of the New Moon to set new intentions and even take action to initiate changes to support greater harmony and balance.
With Mercury now in Retrograde and the longer Fall 2020 Mars Retrograde Season still in effect, this is an important time for considering the balance between meeting your own personal needs and fulfilling the perceived expectations of your relationships. A key question to ask yourself is what are you sacrificing in order to ‘keep the peace’, and what is the tradeoff to your own wellbeing? This be a great time to set intentions around how you will prioritize your personal goals and needs for self-care. You can also use this energy to make wishes for better communication, trust, and patience in your relationships.
What to wish for when the New Moon is in Libra:
The New Moon in Libra is especially supportive of wishing for things like:
- Better decision making
- Greater confidence in asserting your needs, desires and opinions
- Greater tolerance for change and risk-taking; letting go of fear or over-analyzing
- A greater sense of inner peace;accepting people or situations as they are
- Finding your ideal partner
- Freedom from imbalanced relationship dynamics, where you are giving more than you receive
- Negotiation Skills
- Diplomacy and tact in communicating
- Greater understanding of opposite viewpoints and the ability to create ‘win-win’ solutions
- Freedom from loneliness or isolation
- The ability to ask for help when you need it without guilt or shame
- Greater comfort being part of a team; more openness to cooperation
- Improved relationships with co-workers or business associates
- Greater sense of independence; release from feeling the need to please everyone around you
- More supportive relationships, receiving counselling and healing
- Better communication, listening with a partner or friend and alignment with shared goals
- More beauty and aesthetic in your home environment
- More grace and elegance in your way of being
- Relief from stress; letting go of a sense of injustice or feeling constantly caught up in the problems of the day
- Healing from diabetes or to ailments involving the adrenal glands or kidneys
WHY NEW MOON WISHING WORKS:
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe and through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you to make your wish come true. When you make a wish on the New Moon, the energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making – it gives your wish more power to manifest!
NEW! Flowing with Astrological Rhythms! 5-Week Virtual Workshop Series
HARNESSING THE ENERGY OF THE NEW MOON:
New Moons are the time to set or refocus your intentions, making wishes for the future and even meditating on positive affirmations which support these developments. New Moon energy is the most potent time to ask the universe (or spirit) to support bringing your dreams into reality. Developing a personal New Moon practice or ritual to tap into this energy, you can consciously plant your energetic seeds for the future.
Before making your New Moon wishes and affirmations, reflect on all that you are grateful for in your life. You may even reflect on how you can let go of past grievances you are holding onto through a gesture of forgiveness. Allow yourself to let go of energetic attachments to the past so that you have more energy to focus on your intentions for the future.
This time is generally optimistic and ripe with powerful potential; take a moment to tune into the subtle energy of new beginnings with a sense of curiosity and excitement. This is a time to be willing to receive new opportunities that align with the greatest expressions of your gifts in the world.
Give yourself time to daydream or meditate on the ‘best possible outcomes’ for yourself, you may be surprised at what comes up! From this meditation, write down your New Moon wishes. These are the goals you are setting (or reaffirming) for yourself, whether personal, relationship, career, financial, family or otherwise. Once you have done that, go back over each one and feel the feeling of that wish coming true. Beside each wish, write a statement, in the present tense, which encapsulates how you will feel once the wish has come true.
You can also use the energy of the New Moon to ask for the ability to balance any shadow expressions of Libra energy, or to tap into the highest expressions of Libra vibes (see some suggestions for Libra New Moon wishes below!).
Awareness of how Libra energy is expressed for your personally through your natal chart can also to help guide you in setting your New Moon intentions. A personal reading can reveal these as well as other insights.
In the days following the New Moon, do what you love and invest your energy in what truly motivates you. Feel fully alive and know that you have the power to create positive changes in your life, whatever they may be.
Common Experiences during Mercury Retrograde
- Frustrations or confusion resulting from miscommunication
- Important information tends to be missing or ‘veiled’, especially related to plans, decisions, agreements (contracts) and financial commitments
- Plans are disrupted; unexpected detours
- You feel fatigued + more likely to back out of social commitments at the last minute
- Transportation blunders, breakdowns, delays etc.
- A focus on the past, which may involve working through something currently unresolved
- A focus inward; introspection and reflection
- Being in a state of receiving; heightened intuition
- Spontaneous inspiration leading to ‘magic moments’
- Unexpected opportunities and synchronicities come to you
- Travel (especially domestic or short distance)
- Transportation (vehicles, planes, trains & their schedules, etc)
- The transmission of ‘messages’ – In Greek mythology, Mercury was the messenger god.
In the Zodiac, Mercury rules Gemini and co-rules Virgo with Chiron.
‘Mini’ Astrology Reading: Personalized Guidance for 2021!
Understand the key energetic themes influencing you in 2021 and find out where you have the greatest potential for growth in the new year.
*Special Offer Ends Feb 28th*
Some ‘quick tips’ for flowing with Mercury retrograde vibes:
- Relax and trust that you don’t know what ‘ought’ to be
- Create extra time and space in your schedule for rest and self-care
- Look for the ‘silver lining’ when there are unexpected derailments to your plans, magical opportunities lie beneath the surface!
General Activities to avoid during retrograde!
- Making financial commitments or plans which are inflexible – making big purchases or locking yourself into plans that you cannot easily back out of without a financial penalty are all very risky during retrograde. Remember, key information is missing or hidden during retrograde and its shadow periods. This is also a time when unexpected events are more likely to arise, which can shift the assumptions underlying these commitments.
- Initiating New Long-Term Projects – Starting new projects such as beginning a new job or launching a new product or service through your business during Mercury retrograde typically lend themselves only to short-term prospects. So, if you want to launch a new long-term endeavor, plan to do it before or after the retrograde and shadow periods.
- Signing contracts – When you sign a contract, you do so with the assumption that all of the relevant facts and details are known – however during Mercury retrograde, remember that the chances are much higher that we do not have yet all of the relevant information!
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive an overview of astrological influences each month + other exclusive offerings!
Private Consultations & Mentorship
Work with me one-on-one to explore your personal astrology or to take your learnings further.
Your experience of life is profoundly unique, with its own tension points and subtle nuance. The story of your chart, and how it describes that tension, is the key to unlocking your personal growth and healing.