2020 is going out with a bang as December will be one of the most ‘active’ months of this year! This month is the closing chapter of a powerful energetic renewal that been unfolding all year, and marks a turning point in the evolution of the collective.
As we cross this epic threshold, radical new energies unexperienced as of yet in our lifetime are emerging: a powerful activation of the Air element is already underway, sparked in part by this morning’s Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Gemini!
Key themes of the Lunar Eclipse:
* Major energetic, physical and emotional release
* In relationships, learning to compromise while maintaining self-respect
* Honest, direct communication
* Realizing the power within / seeing oneself reborn
* A newfound sense of strength
* Newfound self-knowledge / wisdom
* Resilience => finding stillness in the chaos
* A shift in perspective that allows for new opportunities
|Key Dates for December Astrology!|
Dec 7th – Waning Quarter Moon in Virgo
Lead with LOVE: it’s time to let go of the need for control, harsh judgements or pressure to be ‘perfect’. Love yourself for all your faults now, and discover a renewed sense of excitement about life!
Dec 9th – Sun in Sagittarius square Neptune in Pisces
This energy can feel very disconnected and ‘spaced out’, with the urge to escape reality through self-indulgent habits. Be mindful of the temptation to catastrophize: notice where you may be reacting to a situation because you are anticipating a particular outcome that won’t even necessarily be what comes to pass.
Resolving the tension of this square involves letting go of pre-conceived notions and worry that you need to tackle ‘big picture’ on your own. Remember to stay curious and open-minded now.
Dec 11th – Sun conjunct the South Node in Sagittarius + Trine to Mars in Aries
An opportunity to see yourself more clearly, recognizing insecurities, and irrational or overly defensive behavior. This is an important time for balancing self-confidence with humility. You may need to take accountability for recent actions, and that may involve an apology.
Dec 14th – Solar Eclipse New Moon in Sagittarius
Sagittarius has an enthusiastic passion for life and is the luckiest, most optimistic sign of the zodiac. This is the perfect time to make your New Moon Wishes and set intentions around inviting greater joy and hopefulness into your life, with the ability to see the ‘silver lining’ in any situation.
This New Moon Eclipse sets a tone for the next 6 months that’s focused on personal enlightenment and a deeper awareness of esoteric truths. It brings the courage to take risks and see the future as a great adventure. At the same time, it calls for compassion, an open heart, and the willingness to challenge assumptions.
Dec 17th – Saturn enters Aquarius
Saturn represents the beliefs, values and perceptions that underscore your day-to-day life and experiences. Over the next 2-3 years, Saturn in Aquarius will challenge you to re-examine your perceptions and beliefs around community, quality of life and the complexities of our collective interdependence. It will inspire you to solve problems in brand new ways, which may include incorporating ancient teachings.
Dec 19th & 21st – Jupiter Enters Aquarius + Jupiter conjunct Saturn
One of the most powerful activations of 2020 which will influence our collective ideology, values and creative developments for the next 20 years. This energy is focused on individual freedom and expression, and will bring communities together in a new way. Jupiter in Aquarius in 2021 brings increased focus to Climate Change and other major challenges we face as a collective.
Dec 21st – Sun enters Capricorn *Winter Solstice*
Capricorn energy is precise and clear about what it wants, and this season is a wonderful time to reconnect with your sense of purpose.
It’s also the longest night of the year in the Northern Hemisphere. Energetically, although natural world may appear still and lifeless, we know there is a force of life deep within containing the full potential of maturity; the full bounty of the harvest.
Looking inward now, you may embrace the spark of your own inner light; the gifts you already have to share with the world and glimpses of unrealized potential.
Dec 21st – Waxing Quarter Moon in Aries (cusp to Pisces)
A reminder to trust in your own strength and be open to intuitive guidance. Your love, compassion and sense of hope are an inspiration to all around you.
Dec 29th – Full Moon in Cancer
Cancer energy is nurturing, intuitive and loyal. Ruled by the Moon, these vibes represent matters of the heart, fierce courage, unconditional love, home and family. Taking brave action and following your heart’s calling will be key themes of this Full Moon. At the same time, your needs for emotional security will be close to the surface and may need attention to be nurtured.
Common Experiences during Mercury Retrograde
- Frustrations or confusion resulting from miscommunication
- Important information tends to be missing or ‘veiled’, especially related to plans, decisions, agreements (contracts) and financial commitments
- Plans are disrupted; unexpected detours
- You feel fatigued + more likely to back out of social commitments at the last minute
- Transportation blunders, breakdowns, delays etc.
- A focus on the past, which may involve working through something currently unresolved
- A focus inward; introspection and reflection
- Being in a state of receiving; heightened intuition
- Spontaneous inspiration leading to ‘magic moments’
- Unexpected opportunities and synchronicities come to you
- Travel (especially domestic or short distance)
- Transportation (vehicles, planes, trains & their schedules, etc)
- The transmission of ‘messages’ – In Greek mythology, Mercury was the messenger god.
In the Zodiac, Mercury rules Gemini and co-rules Virgo with Chiron.
‘Mini’ Astrology Reading: Personalized Guidance for 2021!
Understand the key energetic themes influencing you in 2021 and find out where you have the greatest potential for growth in the new year.
*Special Offer Ends Feb 28th*
Some ‘quick tips’ for flowing with Mercury retrograde vibes:
- Relax and trust that you don’t know what ‘ought’ to be
- Create extra time and space in your schedule for rest and self-care
- Look for the ‘silver lining’ when there are unexpected derailments to your plans, magical opportunities lie beneath the surface!
General Activities to avoid during retrograde!
- Making financial commitments or plans which are inflexible – making big purchases or locking yourself into plans that you cannot easily back out of without a financial penalty are all very risky during retrograde. Remember, key information is missing or hidden during retrograde and its shadow periods. This is also a time when unexpected events are more likely to arise, which can shift the assumptions underlying these commitments.
- Initiating New Long-Term Projects – Starting new projects such as beginning a new job or launching a new product or service through your business during Mercury retrograde typically lend themselves only to short-term prospects. So, if you want to launch a new long-term endeavor, plan to do it before or after the retrograde and shadow periods.
- Signing contracts – When you sign a contract, you do so with the assumption that all of the relevant facts and details are known – however during Mercury retrograde, remember that the chances are much higher that we do not have yet all of the relevant information!
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive an overview of astrological influences each month + other exclusive offerings!
Private Consultations & Mentorship
Work with me one-on-one to explore your personal astrology or to take your learnings further.
Your experience of life is profoundly unique, with its own tension points and subtle nuance. The story of your chart, and how it describes that tension, is the key to unlocking your personal growth and healing.