The next Mercury Retrograde will be from Jan 30th to Feb 20th, 2021 in Aquarius.
Here’s what you need to know:
HOW TO FLOW WITH Mercury Retrograde
* SLOW DOWN / CREATE A SENSE OF EASE *
* MAKE EXTRA TIME FOR SELF-CARE *
* REFLECT ON PAST EXPERIENCES TO GAIN FRESH PERSPECTIVE *
IMPORTANT! The Complete Mercury Retrograde Cycle (including pre and post-shadow periods) extends from:
Jan 15th to Mar 12th, 2021
While a great deal of attention gets paid to the time when Mercury is actually in ‘retrograde’, it’s SO VERY helpful to understand how we are influenced by retrograde vibes during the entire period or ‘season’. Retrograde energies will build slowly, although there are often clues during the early days to indicate where and how this cycle will influence you personally.
This time around, Mercury retrograde vibes will be at their most intense just before Feb 20th. The tension will begin to ease once Mercury stations direct, fading gradually. The Jan 28th Full Moon in Leo and Feb 27th Full Moon in Virgo will both be influenced by Mercury Retrograde vibes, contributing to a heightened sense of frustration and constriction.
Instead of perpetually looking FORWARD, this astrological season calls for a look TO THE PAST, as well as INWARD exploration.
Common Experiences during Mercury Retrograde
- Frustrations or confusion resulting from miscommunication
- Important information tends to be missing or ‘veiled’, especially related to plans, decisions, agreements (contracts) and financial commitments
- Plans are disrupted; unexpected detours
- You feel fatigued + more likely to back out of social commitments at the last minute
- Transportation blunders, breakdowns, delays etc.
- A focus on the past, which may involve working through something currently unresolved
- A focus inward; introspection and reflection
- Being in a state of receiving; heightened intuition
- Spontaneous inspiration leading to ‘magic moments’
- Unexpected opportunities and synchronicities come to you
- Travel (especially domestic or short distance)
- Transportation (vehicles, planes, trains & their schedules, etc)
- The transmission of ‘messages’ – In Greek mythology, Mercury was the messenger god.
In the Zodiac, Mercury rules Gemini and co-rules Virgo with Chiron.
Mercury Rx in Aquarius Vibes
Aquarius energy is distinctively ‘free-thinking’, unique and liberated from social conventions. This Air element sign looks at the world through a unique, emotionally detached lens that can bring a fresh sense of objectivity. Aquarian archetypes include The Genius, The Innovator and The Inventor. This energy is proudly unconventional and sometimes even rebellious.
Aquarius energy tends to prioritize the greatest good for the greatest number; it possesses a gift for ‘big picture’ thinking. It also questions, and may rebel against, any structures that are repressive to personal freedom. Aquarius often represents breaking away from traditional ways of thinking, as well as the REDISCOVERY of ancient wisdom.
Working consciously with Mercury retrograde in Aquarius means turning your attention inward and being honest with yourself about:
- your core values
- the communities/social groups with which you identify
- your sense of self-esteem and self worth
- beliefs about not fitting in to certain social groups (and whether they are really true)
- personal barriers to free authentic expression
‘Mini’ Astrology Reading: Personalized Guidance for 2021!
Understand the key energetic themes influencing you in 2021 and find out where you have the greatest potential for growth in the new year.
*Special Offer Ends Feb 28th*
Some ‘quick tips’ for flowing with Mercury retrograde vibes:
- Relax and trust that you don’t know what ‘ought’ to be
- Create extra time and space in your schedule for rest and self-care
- Look for the ‘silver lining’ when there are unexpected derailments to your plans, magical opportunities lie beneath the surface!
General Activities to avoid during retrograde!
- Making financial commitments or plans which are inflexible – making big purchases or locking yourself into plans that you cannot easily back out of without a financial penalty are all very risky during retrograde. Remember, key information is missing or hidden during retrograde and its shadow periods. This is also a time when unexpected events are more likely to arise, which can shift the assumptions underlying these commitments.
- Initiating New Long-Term Projects – Starting new projects such as beginning a new job or launching a new product or service through your business during Mercury retrograde typically lend themselves only to short-term prospects. So, if you want to launch a new long-term endeavor, plan to do it before or after the retrograde and shadow periods.
- Signing contracts – When you sign a contract, you do so with the assumption that all of the relevant facts and details are known – however during Mercury retrograde, remember that the chances are much higher that we do not have yet all of the relevant information!
Private Consultations & Mentorship
Work with me one-on-one to explore your personal astrology or to take your learnings further.
Your experience of life is profoundly unique, with its own tension points and subtle nuance. The story of your chart, and how it describes that tension, is the key to unlocking your personal growth and healing.