Typically, the New Moon is the perfect time for setting intentions and making wishes for what you hope to manifest. However, with Venus in Retrograde, it’s important to be mindful of the kind of intentions you are setting…
We often feel a great deal of hope and ambition at the start of the year and you may be hoping to initiate BIG changes with this first New Moon of 2022. However when Venus is in retrograde, it’s not a great time to set ambitious goals for yourself, especially when it comes to body image, finances, or romantic partners.
So….how can you tune into these New Moon vibes, while also setting yourself up for success?
What is it that you can’t help but feel that you need ‘more’ of? Notice these desires and think about how can you rely less on external circumstances. This New Moon represents a powerful opportunity for healing (or alchemizing) old wounds that stem from scarcity mentality.
Remember, Venus retrograde is a time for you to let go of attachment to material possessions, relationships and other indicators of ‘status’. In fact, this astrological season, which occurs only once every 18 months, is actually the perfect time to reflect on how you can shift your beliefs around self-worth.
Tips for Setting Intentions while Venus is in Retrograde
- Use this New Moon energy to focus on how you want to feel rather than what you want to have.
- Consider what changes you may want to make in order to have a healthier work-life balance.
- How does your mindset need to shift in order to feel a greater sense of abundance, without the need for ‘more’?
- Are you too possessive? Do you need to give your romantic partner more space, trust or freedom?
- What personal projects are already underway that can you focus on finishing over the next month, rather than beginning something new?
The New Moon in Capricorn, square to Chiron in Aries, is also a great time to wish for support for;
- feeling less pessimistic or cynical
- letting go of self-doubt
- being hard on yourself through unrealistic expectations
- giving away your power to keep the peace
- a greater sense of purpose and passion
Black Moon Lilith in Gemini quincunx Pluto (conjunct Selena) points to a calling to really focus on what brings you a deep sense of inspiration and personal fulfillment. Let go of trying to be all things to everyone.
...I would love to share more insights with you on the astrology of the new year! Join me on January 11th for a Special Workshop, see below for details!