Eclipse season is upon us! We’ll be moving through this portal between late March and early June. The Solar Eclipse coming up this Saturday may feel like an energetic low-point for some but it’s also a KEY passage, bringing us over a threshold to new beginnings and chapters of growth. It sets the energetic tone for the coming 6 months.
Eclipses activate the lunar nodes, which represent a key element of your soul’s growth journey, and the evolution of our collective as a whole.
The lunar nodes describe the process of tapping into your highest forms of expression, while healing karmic attachments that keep you held in patterns of stagnation and suffering.
In your natal chart, the lunar nodes represent a key element of your destiny path – the journey to discover and fully realize that which brings out the best in yourself and everyone around you.
This Solar Eclipse in Taurus on April 30th activates the North Node, calling us to lean into the highest vibration expressions of the Taurus archetype. Taurus is the Earth Mother and rules our relationship with the natural world. In its most elevated form, this energy brings a deeply felt experience of wholeness, strength and belonging.
We have a lot of healing to do in order to find our way to this highest expression of Taurus energy – and this is the nature of our collective hero’s journey over the coming months. On a personal level, what needs to evolve in your relationship with Taurus energy?
This year, with the transiting lunar nodes (and consequently the eclipses) activating the signs of Taurus and Scorpio, we are being invited to explore how our relationship with these two archetypes is bringing us into alignment with our highest good. How do you tune into the highest vibration expressions of Taurus energy? And also, where might you need to course correct or shift your perspective in order to grow?
North Node in Taurus
Within the collective, North Node energy is calling us to rediscover certain perspectives, ideals, and values that may have been forgotten, or devalued, by modern society.
While the North Node is in Taurus, you are being encouraged to ‘lean in’ to the following expressions. You may also need to overcome unconscious blocks that have been holding you back from allowing one or more of these experiences into your life.
- Creating Greater Peace & Stability in your Life – moving away from toxic situations or relationships; setting boundaries that honor your physical and emotional needs.
- Patience & Perseverance – the willingness work consistently towards your goals without expecting immediate reward or gratification.
- Enjoying the Sweetness of Life – what brings a sense of simple joy into your heart? Taurus rules music, an appreciation of the arts, and your connection with nature. It rules friendship and sensuality. It even rules your love of food! Wherever you can, feed your heart and soul from the abundance of the now moment: the key is to keep is simple.
- Softening the Heart – forgiving old grievances letting go of the urge to settle old scores allows a fresh new energy to come your way; learning to have faith in positive outcomes despite short-term setbacks; belief in new beginnings.
- Spiritual Practice – grounding through self-care; cultivating healthy habits and routines; daily meditation, prayer, yoga or other practices for wellness; a deepened sense of gratitude and trust in the flow of life.
If your natal North Node is in Taurus, you are being called to explore the above expressions throughout your life’s journey. Although it may represent an uncomfortable leap, when you follow the path of your natal North Node, the universe brings you hidden gifts.
The South Node in Scorpio
The South Node has a seductive pull and may even blind our objectivity in certain situations. This energy represents instinctive/automatic behaviors, beliefs and reactions, which may be cultural norms or traditions in our current society, but no longer serve the highest good of the collective.
The South Node highlights the excessive, outdated or low-vibration expressions of a particular sign which we are being called to consciously evolve. Remember that this is not meant to imply that any sign in the zodiac is good, or better than any other sign, or that any sign is bad.
While the South Node is in Scorpio, we must consider the potential negative, unproductive or even destructive effects of the following expressions:
- Brooding on the Past – holding onto a sense of betrayal; the urge to settle an old score; preoccupation with someone else’s demise; the dark cloud of bitterness and rage; mutually assured destruction.
- Cynicism – lack of trust; expecting others to let you down; feeling disempowered in the here and now because someone has taken away your power in the past; a victim mindset; no hope for the future.
- Taking Shortcuts – impatience; expecting immediate results after only minimal effort; cutting corners; seeking instant gratification; expecting others to ‘fix’ your problems.
- Unhealthy Dynamics in Relationships – jumping in too quickly or seeking enmeshment; giving away too much to get what you want; being seduced by power or authority; using fear or manipulation to exploit others; overstepping boundaries; unfair expectations; using relationships as an escape from responsibility.
- Anger at Yourself – the insufferable pain of regret; inability to forgive; living in the past; brooding over disappointment; hatefulness; self-sabotage or punishment.
If your natal South Node is in Scorpio, you are being called to heal the above expressions throughout your life’s journey.
To learn more about the Lunar Nodes in your personal astrology or to explore the influences of the upcoming eclipses, consider booking a private reading.
Lindsey DePeri-Franz is an archetypal evolutionary astrologer and RYT-500 with a background in coaching and personal development. She supports clients by facilitating a deeper sense of self-awareness, confidence, and soul-purpose. Over the last 5 years, Lindsey has worked with clients around the world as a counseling astrologer and mentor for personal development.
Lindsey teaches astrology as a sacred practice of stargazing, self-inquiry and learning to flow intentionally with cosmic rhythms. She has apprenticed and trained with a variety of master astrologers while pursuing further studies in counselling skills and depth psychology.
She is also a teacher of bhakti and the yoga of sound including work with mantra, as well as a level 2 certified Reiki healer.